Categories

1 view

David Carpenter

Jan 4, 2010, 12:11:40 PM1/4/10
to Plings Developer Support
Last August we announced that the Plings data set could accept
activity categorisation against recognised taxonomies.

As of now - we have altered the output of the xml feed to reflect
this.

In February, Local Authorities will have to group their offer
activities according to a taxonomy designed by the DCSF. This new
taxonomy is documented at:
http://www.plings.info/wiki/index.php/Plings_Input_API_-_XML_via_HTTP_POST#Categories

If you want to send activities to Plings you can send them via HTTP
POST or by SOAP using the strings defined in the documentation. If you
use the SOAP method you can specify the taxonomy as well as the term.

So you can now send us the data specifying the taxonomy of 'dcsf'
along with any of the 8 recognised strings.

You will see the data in the output like so, e.g.
<categories>
<category taxonomy="plings">music and dance</category>
<category taxonomy="dcsf">sports</category>
<category taxonomy="dcsf">arts</category>
</categories>

Hope that makes sense - any questions, just post them.

Happy New Year!