Tags - the easy way?

0 показвания
Преминаване към първото непрочетено съобщение

David Carpenter

непрочетено,
17.08.2009 г., 5:53:0217.08.09 г.
до Plings Developer Support
We came across http://tagthe.net/ the other day, and thought it might
be worth bringing your attention to it.

It's a webservice that can take a block of text or a URL and return a
set of tags from the text.

We know that finding tags for our activities can be a little tricky at
times, so wondered if this might be a way to help people who are
putting their data into systems.

There is good documentation over at http://www.tagthe.net/fordevelopers
but we also had a quick play, and thought we'd share what we did.

The problem with automated services like this is that we think they
still need some human intervention.

Over at: http://plings.info/tools/taggetter/ we've created a php
implementation of the tool at tagthe.net, and made the source of that
available.

By adding a bit of javascript, we've put the returned tags into a form
and added 'check all/uncheck all' buttons - as an example of how a
user might then go on to select the returned tags. (It doesn't go any
further than that...!)

It's just an example, so feel free to take it, use it, alter it
improve it, share it etc.

If you have further ideas around this, or tags/keywords in general,
then why not post them at our http://ideas.plings.info

David
Отговор до всички
Отговор до автора