Output API - Ward data

David Carpenter

Jun 18, 2009, 9:51:38 AM6/18/09
to Plings Developer Support
Following a request from a team working with the Output API we've
added ward data to the Venue data in the calls for Activity data.

The new fields are:
<!ELEMENT LA (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT LAName (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT Ward (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT WardName (#PCDATA)>

LA is the local authority code as given in the look up tables:
http://www.plings.info/wiki/index.php/Local_Authority_Code

Ward is the ward code as given in the look up tables:
http://www.plings.info/wiki/index.php/Ward_Codes

(Both of these lists are found under the Developer Resources Section -
Data Sets:
http://www.plings.info/wiki/index.php/Developer_Resources#Data_Sets )

The DTD has been updated to reflect this.

Hope this is useful - any problems/feedback please let us know.

Cheers
David

Duncan Hodgson

Jun 25, 2009, 8:14:07 AM6/25/09
to Plings Developer Support
Hi David

I am just wondering, within our service here in Blackpool we have
split the town into three "localities" (North, Central & South). Each
of these localities covers several different wards within it.

Is it possible to request data on multiple wards at one time or is
that beyond the API? Would I need to code something specifically to
manipulate the data from several different feeds?

Any advice on this would be appreciated!

Cheers
Duncan

Alasdair McCaig

Jun 25, 2009, 8:20:29 AM6/25/09
to Duncan Hodgson, Plings Developer Support

Hi Duncan,

David is currently away, however I can answer this for you.

Currently the Output API's only accept request for individual wards. It shouldn't be to much trouble or too timely to fire off a query for each ward in the area you wish to cover and merge result XML files together.

Sorry I can't help you more... If you want to discuss the merging aspect, then just give me a shout. David's back next week btw

Al,
--
Alasdair McCaig
substance.

Tel: +44 (0) 161 244 5418
Web: www.substance.coop

Duncan Hodgson

Jun 25, 2009, 8:31:21 AM6/25/09
to Plings Developer Support
Hi Al

Thanks for that. Will take a look at the merging over the weekend and
if I don't have any joy then I'll have a chat about it when I come
down to see you guys on Monday.

Cheers
Duncan