ActionScript 2 to JavaScript?

Mikhail Emelchenkov

Aug 24, 2013, 4:29:09 PM8/24/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Can it translate ActionScript 2 flash game code into JavaScript?

Kevin Newman

Aug 26, 2013, 1:48:24 PM8/26/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
PlayScript is a compiler for AS3 and PlayScript, so it won't do AS2. It also primarily targets Mono based apps, though HTML5 is in the works from what I understand. Additionally, PlayScript doesn't provide a complete Flash Player runtime, even for AVM2, and definitely not for AVM1 (which would be needed for AS2 support).

I've heard of tools out there that can do AS1/AS2 to JS, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. There are a couple of things that can go from AVM1 based SWF to JS, such as Mozilla's Shumway, and Google's Swiffy, if that helps.

https://github.com/mozilla/shumway
https://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/

There are others, though not as many as AS3 conversion tools.

Kevin N.

Mikhail Emelchenkov

Dec 3, 2013, 1:51:11 PM12/3/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Kevin, for so detailed answer. Sorry that I noticed your reply just now, but better late than never.