PlayScript : What happened to the open source version?

Robert Nees

Jan 5, 2014, 2:26:00 PM1/5/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com

I am assuming with removal of PlayScript's public repo on GitHub that the project is either becoming a commercial offering from Xamarin (or Zynga) and future releases will have a license change?

Can someone from Xamarin or Zynga clarify the situtation as currently we are at a cross-roads and thus it looks like we will have to abandon this current branch of development and proceed with an LLVM conversion instead.

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

Kevin Newman

Jan 13, 2014, 12:43:07 AM1/13/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Still no news?

Robert Nees

Jan 13, 2014, 4:52:34 AM1/13/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Nothing at all, just the sounds of crickets of in the distance...

"Assuming" there will be some big reveal in the future when Xamarin (and Zynga?) announces Playscript is in Beta for licensed users of Studio, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Andriod, ....

I've had to move on and drop the AS3 code base that I have, rewriting native now..  :-(

On Sunday, January 12, 2014 9:43:07 PM UTC-8, Kevin Newman wrote:
Still no news?

Rob Bateman

Jan 13, 2014, 7:07:21 AM1/13/14
to Robert Nees, plays...@googlegroups.com
If any of you guys are looking for alternatives, then I would recommend checking out Haxe. Does the same job Playscript was intended for, but has a much more vibrant community and targets a wide variety of platforms. We're currently working on an Away3D conversion to Haxe that will be able to target native applications on desktop, iOS and Android as well as Flash and HTML5 platforms. Worth a look IMHO

Rob
--
Rob Bateman
Flash Development & Consultancy

rob.b...@gmail.com
www.infiniteturtles.co.uk
www.away3d.com

Matt Summers

Jan 26, 2014, 10:21:25 PM1/26/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Still no news? Would nice to get some kind of update on this. Thanks.

Mal Duffin

Feb 11, 2014, 9:12:25 AM2/11/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in hearing an update also...  the silence is un-nerving!