Is this a sane configure?

Kevin Newman

Jun 7, 2013, 12:28:51 AM6/7/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to get something reasonably close to what Xamarin offers out of the box (they have config checkboxes for llvm, sgen, etc.), so I came up with this by scanning the configuration.in file (I'm building on mac):

./autogen.sh --prefix=/Users/kevin/playscripmono-inst --with-glib=embedded --enable-nls=no --with-monotouch=yes --with-monodroid=yes --with-mobile=yes --enable-loadedllvm=yes

I actually tried --enable-llvm=yes first, but I got a message about llvm-config not found (I'm trying --enable-loadedllvm=yes now).

Do I really need to turn all those on, or are the defaults actually fine?

Thanks,

Kevin N.

Kevin Newman

Jun 7, 2013, 12:31:14 AM6/7/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Same error with --enable-loadedllvm (llvm-config not found), so I'll skip that. If I need that to be able to use llvm builds (which I think are great for reduced app size), then any pointers about how to get that to work would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin N.

Ben Cooley

Jun 8, 2013, 2:20:44 PM6/8/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Actually, all you really need to do is to just copy the "mcs.exe" compiler into your existing mono install.  To do this,

1. Rename the existing "/lib/mono/4.5/mcs.exe" to "/lib/mono/4.5/mcs_save.exe" (to keep it around in case you need to get it back).
2. Copy the "mcs.exe" from the playscript binary install to your "lib/mono/4.5" folder.

Note that the "mcs" script in your bin folder just points to the .exe file in the "lib/mono/4.5" folder (same thing for the mcs.bat file on windows).

The playscript "mcs.exe" compiler is just the 3.9 mono compiler with playscript integrated in to compile .as or .play files when it encounters them as actionscript or playscript.  We run the C# tests to ensure we haven't broken anything.

Kevin Newman

Jun 10, 2013, 5:53:07 PM6/10/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Very cool - I'll try that method out when I get a chance.

Thanks,

Kevin N.