BASIC programming challenge...

Derek Lomas

Jul 25, 2010, 12:31:03 AM7/25/10
to playpo...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I'm in India now, testing out the games we have created. It's going really well! Later I'll go into the details of how we put the games onto a cartridge--  (A video is available here)  You can follow some of the progress at volunteers.playpower.org

So I have been thinking about the fact that all the TVCs come with BASIC programming. We haven't been able to do much about that, partially because we haven't had english documentation of the GameBASIC version of BASIC that comes with the devices. However, Sebastian Van Damme lives in Japan and has been translating the GameBASIC manual for us.

So, if anyone is interested, we could really use some short interesting BASIC programs!

We would plan on using these as the basis of a simple "introduction to programming", which we could introduce to kids in 5th grade.

I think it could be fun.

Any comments?  Let me know if you need the emulator for this and gameBASIC.

Derek

Sten Morten

Jul 28, 2010, 9:14:52 AM7/28/10
to Playpower Tech
Hi Derek,

I'd love to give it a go. I just submitted my request to be approved
as a contributer to the PlayPower network, so I don't know if you have
to wait to send me the emulator until I am approved... But if I am,
this sounds like a lot of fun.

Sten

On Jul 25, 6:31 am, Derek Lomas <dereklo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm in India now, testing out the games we have created. It's going really
> well! Later I'll go into the details of how we put the games onto a
> cartridge--  (A video is available here<http://vimeo.com/channels/playpower>)
>  You can follow some of the progress at volunteers.playpower.org
>
> So I have been thinking about the fact that all the TVCs come with BASIC
> programming. We haven't been able to do much about that, partially because
> we haven't had english documentation of the GameBASIC version of BASIC that
> comes with the devices. However, Sebastian Van Damme lives in Japan and has
> been translating the GameBASIC
> manual<http://playpowerorg.ning.com/profile/SebastienVanDamme?xg_source=acti...>for

Sten Morten

Jul 29, 2010, 4:54:50 AM7/29/10
to Playpower Tech
Okay, I'm in :) Please send me the emulator for this and gameBASIC.

Sten