Wednesday Presentations

Derek Lomas

Jun 7, 2010, 5:01:32 PM6/7/10
to playpo...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We need to pick times for your weekly presentation, this Wednesday.  We can start at 9am our time, which is 6:30IST.

Can Srishti go again at 6:30pm and DAIICT at 7:45?

I'd recommend using powerpoint or google presentation this time.  This will allow you to show me a subset of the photos, and to provide bullet lists of your major findings and themes.

Suggested Presentation Structure:
* Intro slide
* Current progress: ie current number of households, shop keepers, etc
* Major themes (common patterns) up until now
* Review of each interview
  * Slide with family name, income range, number of children, location
  * 1-5 images (one image per page-- find your best pictures!)
* Conclusions -- any new themes?
* Next steps?  New questions, techniques, critiques, etc

THIS IS JUST A RECOMMENDED OUTLINE.  PLEASE JUST MAKE A GOOD PRESENTATION OF WHAT YOU DID LAST WEEK.

Also, could you please make a google map image (or google earth image) with the locations of the households you interviewed?  Picasa has a feature for geotagging, which would be fine.  This is kind of a hassle, I know, but it will really help us to have this-- and later on, I think you will forget.  Let me know if you have any problems figuring this out.

Please respond or be in touch if you have any questions!  We are making good progress, we just need to follow through and we will have a great publication.

Cheers,
Derek

B0C.png

Derek Lomas

Jun 7, 2010, 5:02:44 PM6/7/10
to playpo...@googlegroups.com
ahem...  ha!  I accidentally sent this to the tech list, instead of the fieldwork list.

Apologies!
B0C.png