admob dependencies

Andres Q

Dec 17, 2018, 1:50:47 PM12/17/18
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm struggling over something that should be pretty straightforward,
but apparently not!

AdMob instructions state that I need to add this dependency:

com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:17.1.1

to gradle. Since we use Maven, I added the repository to my
project-android/pom.xml

<repositories>
<repository>
<id>google-maven-repo</id>
<url>https://maven.google.com/</url>
</repository>
</repositories>

and then added the dependency like all the rest:

<!-- admob -->
<dependency>
<groupId>com.google.android.gms</groupId>
<artifactId>play-services-ads</artifactId>
<version>17.1.1</version>
</dependency>

However this dependency is never resolved

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Andrei Kleshchanka

Jan 14, 2019, 5:44:57 PM1/14/19
to PlayN

Andrei Kleshchanka

Jan 14, 2019, 6:39:13 PM1/14/19
to PlayN
BTW, it's better to switch to Gradle if you are targeting Android. You can find Official PlayN template here: https://github.com/playn/playn-gradle-template

Andres Q

Jan 14, 2019, 6:59:49 PM1/14/19
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's what I ended up doing. I don't know if it's feasible to
build Android with Maven anymore, but I've given up on it. Gradle
works fine and the actual android building is very sporadic, so I'm
fine with it.

Thanks Andrei

El lun., 14 de ene. de 2019 a la(s) 20:39, Andrei Kleshchanka
(kles4enk...@gmail.com) escribió:

> BTW, it's better to switch to Gradle if you are targeting Android. You can find Official PlayN template here: https://github.com/playn/playn-gradle-template
>
> --
>
> ---

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia

Jan 15, 2019, 2:12:07 AM1/15/19
to pl...@googlegroups.com
I also faced some issues with Maven while trying to integrate Firebase and ended up moving to Gradle. No problems since then and even though I still do not like Gradle, I have to say that the process of adding new libraries and frameworks to the build (both Android-specific) and generic is much easier this way.

Guillermo

--
Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.r...@gmail.com