"Row selection" in a list that uses TableLayout

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia

Mar 19, 2020, 5:44:58 AM3/19/20
to PlayN
Hi all,

I am creating a list / table view using TableLayout. Something similar to this: https://static3.scirra.net/images/newstore/products/1908/800x600.png (just for illustration purposes -- not actually my UI)

Each row is composed of 4 elements, each of which is either an icon or a text (depending on the column). Initially each element is a TextWidget.

I want the row to be highlighted when selected (touched). But I am not sure how to do this. I could use Buttons instead of TextWidgets, since Buttons can show the "selected" state, but this would highlight only the actual element touched, and not the whole row.

I guess this is a pretty common use case, so probably this has been solved before. Any hints?

Guillermo