Multitouch -- pinch to zoom

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia

Apr 21, 2021, 11:55:34 AM4/21/21
to PlayN
Hi all,

I would like to add "pinch to zoom" support to a PlayN application. I see that the Touch / Pointer APIs in PlayN itself do not support multitouch gestures at the moment, however I thought that perhaps someone faced this already and found a solution.

Any pointers? (no pun intended :-)

Guillermo

Andres Quijano

Apr 21, 2021, 12:06:48 PM4/21/21
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Guille

I did a PlayN project some years ago which was targeted to only Java and which used a multitouch screen.

From the little I remember, I ended up using a native lib with a java wrapper (https://github.com/tulsidas/QueSabes/tree/master/core/src/main/java/com/dgis/input/evdev)

I don't remember the exact details but it worked fine 😀

Any questions ping me!

--

---

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia

Apr 28, 2021, 6:19:02 AM4/28/21
to PlayN
Hi Andres,

Thanks for that although I was looking for a solution for Android / iOS.

However it looks like I was wrong all the way. The Pointer API does not support multitouch, but the Touch API does! (via the "id" field in the event info object). So all I need to do is to use Touch instead of Pointer :-)

Thanks,

Guillermo