xspfgate

Lucas Gonze

Oct 28, 2010, 12:32:39 PM10/28/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
http://gonze.com/xspfgate/

This is a building block for other hacks. To make ajax apps that
consume shareable playlists there has to be a server-hosted gateway
that converts the XSPF to JSON in order to get around same-domain
restrictions.

Anybody can use this, anytime, however much they want. Caveat emptor
-- you get what you pay for.

JSONP supported.

James Wheare

Oct 30, 2010, 7:32:59 AM10/30/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Nice job gonzo!

I wonder if you remember I made a similar hack at Stockholm MHD:

http://xspfy.com/

It's running again now (has been broken at various times in the past)
and it has the added benefit of handling malformed XML by using the
parser I wrote, falling back to liberal XML handling if needed:
http://github.com/jwheare/xspfparser (MIT licensed if you wanna use
it!)

http://gonze.com/xspfgate/?xspflink=http%3A%2F%2Fgoldenrecord.org%2Fplaylist.xml&jsonp=sadJson
v.s.
http://xspfy.com/json?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoldenrecord.org%2Fplaylist.xml&callback=lovelyJson

Anyway, I firmly believe in the more the merrier when it comes to
these things, but still. pwned.

:)

Lucas Gonze

Nov 1, 2010, 11:29:53 PM11/1/10
to playdar

Well, ok, then. Right.

http://gonze.com/blog/2010/11/01/xspfy-gate/

http://gonze.com/xspfgate/

On Oct 30, 4:32 am, James Wheare <jwhe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice job gonzo!
>
> I wonder if you remember I made a similar hack at Stockholm MHD:
>
> http://xspfy.com/
>
> It's running again now (has been broken at various times in the past)
> and it has the added benefit of handling malformed XML by using the
> parser I wrote, falling back to liberal XML handling if needed:http://github.com/jwheare/xspfparser(MIT licensed if you wanna use
> it!)
>
> http://gonze.com/xspfgate/?xspflink=http%3A%2F%2Fgoldenrecord.org%2Fp...
> v.s.http://xspfy.com/json?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgoldenrecord.org%2Fplaylist.xm...

James Wheare

Nov 2, 2010, 12:17:05 PM11/2/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
It's the scandal of the year!

Who knew XSPF still had such a vibrant and active ecosystem :)