Scan AAC files with Mac Pref Pane?

Jeremy R

Jan 1, 2010, 6:07:34 PM1/1/10
to playdar
I installed the MAC pref pane and got Playdar working great, but it
didn't scan my AAC files (non-protected ones). I saw in a comment on
this page: http://musicmachinery.com/2009/10/18/installing-playdar/
that you can get AAC to scan by configuring Taglib. Since I only
downloaded the pref pane, I didn't have that option.

Any ideas on how to get AAC files in the index in this circumstance?

Max Howell

Jan 2, 2010, 12:54:02 PM1/2/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com

The prefpane should support AAC out of the box. At least, iirc it
worked for James. James?

James Wheare

Jan 2, 2010, 1:02:27 PM1/2/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
WFM yeah, but I'd installed taglib manually before.

Max Howell

Jan 2, 2010, 1:19:22 PM1/2/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I just forced playdar to resolve against some aac files I have,
and it didn't seem to find them. So apparently prefpane doesn't
support aac at this time no.

No idea why though. No eta for fix.

Compiling it yourself may work. Homebrew has a formula.