How to rescan your library in Playdar

Lucas Gonze

Dec 6, 2009, 8:29:36 PM12/6/09
to pla...@googlegroups.com
How to rescan your library in Playdar:

If you are in the OS X prefpane version, open the dropdown to say
which directory your music files are in. Just open and close it and
you'll trigger the rescan.

I'm emailing this to the list so that it will turn up in future Google searches.

It would be cool to know how to do it in Windar and console playdarctl.

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Daniel Kantor <dan.k...@gmail.com> wrote:
> sweet, that worked! Thanks
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM, James Wheare <ja...@wheare.org> wrote:
>>
>> You need to supply an auth code e.g. ?auth=. Just sniff the network calls
>> on Playlick.
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Daniel Kantor <dan.k...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I get 'Not found.' on 60210

>>> --

>> --

Max Howell

Dec 6, 2009, 9:56:23 PM12/6/09
to pla...@googlegroups.com
> How to rescan your library in Playdar:
>
> If you are in the OS X prefpane version, open the dropdown to say
> which directory your music files are in.   Just open and close it and
> you'll trigger the rescan.
>
> I'm emailing this to the list so that it will turn up in future Google searches.
>
> It would be cool to know how to do it in Windar and console playdarctl.

Indeed, although you shouldn't need to do such things anymore, what
with the filesystem watching code on mac now (although there are some
bugs I found).

Still you never know when you need to know something like this.

Max

James Wheare

Dec 6, 2009, 11:20:59 PM12/6/09
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Filesytem watching code doesn't seem to be working here. Let me know if you need me to debug.

Max

Max Howell

Dec 7, 2009, 8:36:51 AM12/7/09
to pla...@googlegroups.com
> Filesytem watching code doesn't seem to be working here. Let me know if you
> need me to debug.

You have to rescan before it starts working, did you do that?

Otherwise there is a bug where if you add new files to the dir, and
they are double nested inside two new directories, it doesn't notice
them. I know how to fix it. But the easiest way to make it notice them
is to recursively touch everything (the touch command line command).
Eg.

find dir | xargs touch

Max Howell

Dec 7, 2009, 8:39:45 AM12/7/09
to pla...@googlegroups.com
To clarify this, the rescan is not required for new users, only old
ones, because we didn't store the directories you scanned before.

Steve Robertson

Dec 7, 2009, 1:21:03 PM12/7/09
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Next release of Windar will provide a feature to do this in a library tab of the main GUI window. There'll be a list of folders known to be part of the library and changes to this will cause the library to be rescanned. Re-scanning without changes to that list also possible with a Re-index button also provided. This next release taking a bit longer as I'm writing a parser to allow me to provide a UI to configuration while preserving manual edits.

Steve