playdar_lastfm.user.js not working

Andreas

Apr 15, 2010, 8:23:04 AM4/15/10
to playdar
I've installed this script in Firefox and Chrome, but i can't see the
Playdar play buttons on any last.fm webpage. What's wrong?

Richard Jones

Apr 15, 2010, 8:26:01 AM4/15/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
the last.fm website was updated on monday, i expect the layout changed
enough to break the greasemonkey script.
anyone feel like fixing it?

On 15 April 2010 13:23, Andreas <and7...@gmx.de> wrote:
> I've installed this script in Firefox and Chrome, but i can't see the
> Playdar play buttons on any last.fm webpage. What's wrong?

Andreas

Apr 16, 2010, 2:52:05 PM4/16/10
to playdar
Still hoping for a working Last.fm script to test the playdar Last.fm
integration finally.

I've another problem with one of the Playdar demos:

When using the search demo it only resolves mp3s that are on my local
harddrive. But tracks that are not on my harddrive are not resolved
against the other resources that come with Windar 0.1.3, which are
Napster, AOL Music, magnatune, Jamendo and so on.

The resolvers are working, i've tested them within Windar and on
Playlick.com.

Is it intentional that the search demo only resolves against my local
mp3s or is it broken too?

On 15 Apr., 14:26, Richard Jones <r...@metabrew.com> wrote:
> the last.fm website was updated on monday, i expect the layout changed
> enough to break the greasemonkey script.
> anyone feel like fixing it?

Steven Robertson

Apr 17, 2010, 3:16:11 PM4/17/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Playlick is most up-to-date and is allowing more time for slower resolvers to work. I believe that Playgrub is working well too.

and7...@gmx.de

Apr 18, 2010, 6:41:00 AM4/18/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Yep, Playgrub works great.

What i wonder:

I found this link in the Windar log today:

Don't like .ru links in general, but from which of your resolvers does this special artinfo.ru link come from? Is it a legal mp3 link?

Cheers,
Andreas

Richard Jones

Apr 18, 2010, 7:37:53 AM4/18/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
If the aolmusic resolver is enabled, that gets links from AOL's music
search API, so that link is probably provided by AOL

Andreas

Apr 19, 2010, 9:52:49 AM4/19/10
to playdar
So all these tumblr source links, which can be seen on Playlick.com,
also come via AOL's music search API, true?

On 18 Apr., 13:37, Richard Jones <r...@metabrew.com> wrote:
> If the aolmusic resolver is enabled, that gets links from AOL's music
> search API, so that link is probably provided by AOL
>
> On 18 April 2010 11:41, and78...@gmx.de <and78...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> > Yep, Playgrub works great.
> > What i wonder:
> > I found this link in the Windar log today:
> >http://artinfo.ru/ru/news/wavreports/intro/02%20-%20The%20Logical%20S...
> > Don't like .ru links in general, but from which of your resolvers does this
> > special artinfo.ru link come from? Is it a legal mp3 link?
> > Cheers,
> > Andreas
>
> > On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM, Steven Robertson <steverobert...@gmail.com>

Richard Jones

Apr 19, 2010, 10:03:04 AM4/19/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Probably.. aol resolver isn't activated by default if you build from source.
You can turn it off (add to blacklist) in etc/playdar.conf.

James Wheare

Apr 19, 2010, 10:04:07 AM4/19/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Yup.

Andreas

Apr 19, 2010, 10:14:03 AM4/19/10
to playdar
Ok, then back to topic now:

Who can help me/us with the playdar_lastfm.user.js demo script? I want
to see those cute little playdar play buttons on the Last.fm webpages
finally... ;)

On 19 Apr., 16:04, James Wheare <ja...@wheare.org> wrote:
> Yup.
>

> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Andreas <and78...@gmx.de> wrote:
> > So all these tumblr source links, which can be seen on Playlick.com,
> > also come via AOL's music search API, true?

Andreas

Apr 29, 2010, 7:39:22 AM4/29/10
to playdar
Really no one? :(

On Apr 19, 4:14 pm, Andreas <and78...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Ok, then back to topic now:
>
> Who can help me/us with the playdar_lastfm.user.js demo script? I want
> to see those cute little playdar play buttons on the Last.fm webpages
> finally... ;)

Andreas

Apr 29, 2010, 8:43:52 AM4/29/10
to playdar
I've made some more tests and finally got the script to work, but:

When opening for example Last.fm album pages then i have to reload
these pages several times until the pladar connect or ready message
appears at the bottom of the page.

But when the playdar message has appeared i have the little play icons
injected into the page as expected.

Perhaps there are only some tweaks needed for the Last.fm script to
get it to work more stable?

Another issue: Why is only my local harddrive resolved with this
script? Why aren't my other resolvers (Napster, AOL Music, magnatune,
and so on) used for resolving tracks on Last.fm's track or album
pages?

Andreas

May 17, 2010, 7:40:45 AM5/17/10
to playdar
Who can explain to me why the Last.fm greasemonkey script only scans
my local mp3 files but does not resolve the query against my other
resolvers?