XBMC?

stever

May 28, 2010, 9:56:10 AM5/28/10
to playdar
Hello

Has anyone got any ideas about Playdar support in XBMC?

I didn't know that it was for anything other than Xbox until they
announced they're dropping support for Xbox. It does work very nicely
on Windows, which is something I'm looking at because I need a MythTV
client. It looks excellent, and while the music support looks very
neat it could possibly make a great Playdar front-end too.

Just a thought.

Lucas Hrabovsky

May 28, 2010, 11:53:03 PM5/28/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Heh.  It would be quite simple.  Boxee and Plex (http://elan.plexapp.com/) both implement the XMBC plugin/app arch as well, although Plex is somewhat different in that it implements it's own http server for each app.  For boxee, it looks something like this http://github.com/imlucas/Amie-Street-Boxee/blob/master/skin/Boxee%20Skin%20NG/720p/main.xml Has anyone whipped up a python client yet?  Some scratch from a long time ago featuring my miserable design skills.

playdar-sketch.png

Steven Robertson

Jun 5, 2010, 4:59:25 AM6/5/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com
Looks nice. For me this time XBMC didn't work out as a MythTV client. Probably that's as much to do with different MythTV versions but got a Windows build of MythTV working so leaving it at that for now. May revisit it again sometime.

<playdar-sketch.png>