Feedback/Guidance on Project:- "Playdar integration with amarok(KDE)

sanyam goyal

Mar 12, 2010, 1:49:38 PM3/12/10
to playdar, lfra...@kde.org
Hi,
My name is Sanyam . I am a final year student of IIT Bombay, India.
I am in project proposal stage for a project listed here "http://
community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas#Project:_Playdar_integration" for
KDE amarok, as part of a competition.
I am writing this mail with of request of some feedback by playdar
developers on the proposed idea. We were not really sure what is
needed from playdar side to implement such project. So if someone can
give some inputs ,It will be really helpful for the project

I have cced the mail to the mentor Leo Franchi.

Thanks
-Sanyam

Richard Jones

Mar 12, 2010, 1:59:41 PM3/12/10
to pla...@googlegroups.com, lfra...@kde.org
Hi Sanyam,
This sounds great - I'm working on the collection support inside
playdar at the moment, which would pave the way nicely for integration
into amarok. Should also be possible to expose your friends'
collections or other remote collections like magnatune or archive.org
within amarok too, via playdar.
I'll have more to say about it soon, I'm still working out some of the
details. Have spoken to Leo about it on IRC
Regards,
RJ