Deploying to weblogic 11g 10.3.3

Rafael George

Oct 12, 2010, 3:42:48 PM10/12/10
to play-framework
Hi guys, I just built a play application and wanted to make a
deployment to weblogic for production use. I created the war file with
play war -o c:\app.war --zip without any problem. At first I get no
error installing it, but every route that I use from the browser get
the message from play saying that it tried all the routes in the
routes file, even when I'm using a valid route.

After switching the application.conf from dev mode to prod and
creating the war again, I got this error from the weblogic log file:

User defined listener play.server.ServletWrapper failed:
java.lang.NullPointerException. java.lang.NullPointerException at
play.cache.Cache.stop(Cache.java:247) at play.Play.stop(Play.java:418)
at play.server.ServletWrapper.contextDestroyed(ServletWrapper.java:63)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager
$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:482) at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:
321) at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
121) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextDestroyedEvent(EventsManager.java:
200) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.destroy(WebAppServletContext.java:
3193) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.destroyContext(ServletContextManager.java:
240) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.unloadWebApp(HttpServer.java:461)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.destroyContexts(WebAppModule.java:
1539) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.deactivate(WebAppModule.java:
511) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver
$2.previous(ModuleStateDriver.java:387) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDriver.java:
167) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDriver.java:
159) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.deactivate(ModuleStateDriver.java:
141) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.deactivate(ScopedModuleDriver.java:
206) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.deactivate(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:
261) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow
$2.previous(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:537) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDriver.java:
167) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDriver.java:
159) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.deactivate(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:
182) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.deactivate(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:
174) at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment
$2.previous(BaseDeployment.java:1279) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDriver.java:
167) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:
50) at
weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activate(BaseDeployment.java:
409) at
weblogic.application.internal.SingleModuleDeployment.activate(SingleModuleDeployment.java:
43) at
weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.activate(DeploymentStateChecker.java:
161) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.activate(AppContainerInvoker.java:
79) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.activate(AbstractOperation.java:
569) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.activateDeployment(ActivateOperation.java:
150) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doCommit(ActivateOperation.java:
116) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.commit(AbstractOperation.java:
323) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentCommit(DeploymentManager.java:
844) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.activateDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:
1253) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleCommit(DeploymentManager.java:
440) at
weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.commit(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:
163) at
weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doCommitCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:
195) at
weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access
$100(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:13) at
weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer
$2.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:68) at
weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl
$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:528) at
weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201) at
weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Any suggestion for this problem, if you need any other information
just let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas Leroux

Oct 12, 2010, 3:59:12 PM10/12/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Could you try with the 1.1 rc1? The servlet path should be fixed.
Do you have the cache error when you are undeploying? If you still have it, can you please report a bug?

Thanks,

Nicolas

Rafael George

Oct 12, 2010, 4:15:22 PM10/12/10
to play-framework
Nicolas, thanks for your answer, I did not see any error undeploying
the app, I will try with 1.1 rc1 now. Thanks

Rafael George

Oct 12, 2010, 4:22:09 PM10/12/10
to play-framework
After trying with 1.1RC1 I get the same error, which is:

User defined listener play.server.ServletWrapper failed:
java.lang.NullPointerException. java.lang.NullPointerException at
java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222) at
play.server.ServletWrapper.contextInitialized(ServletWrapper.java:47)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager
$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:481) at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:
321) at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
121) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(EventsManager.java:
181) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServletContext.java:
1863) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletContext.java:
3126) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.startContexts(WebAppModule.java:
1512) at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:486) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver
$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:425) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:
41) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:
119) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.start(ScopedModuleDriver.java:
200) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.start(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:
247) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver
$3.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:425) at
weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:
41) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.start(ModuleStateDriver.java:
119) at
weblogic.application.internal.flow.StartModulesFlow.activate(StartModulesFlow.java:
27) at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment
$2.next(BaseDeployment.java:1267) at
On Oct 12, 3:59 pm, Nicolas Leroux <leroux.nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextDestroyedEvent(EventsM anager.java:
> > 200) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.destroy(WebAppServletContext .java:
> > 3193) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.destroyContext(ServletConte xtManager.java:
> > 240) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.unloadWebApp(HttpServer.java:461)
> > at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.destroyContexts(WebAppModule.java:
> > 1539) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.deactivate(WebAppModule.java:
> > 511) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver
> > $2.previous(ModuleStateDriver.java:387) at
> > weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDri ver.java:
> > 167) at
> > weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDri ver.java:
> > 159) at
> > weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver.deactivate(ModuleState Driver.java:
> > 141) at
> > weblogic.application.internal.flow.ScopedModuleDriver.deactivate(ScopedModu leDriver.java:
> > 206) at
> > weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.deactivate(ModuleL istenerInvoker.java:
> > 261) at weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow
> > $2.previous(DeploymentCallbackFlow.java:537) at
> > weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDri ver.java:
> > 167) at
> > weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDri ver.java:
> > 159) at
> > weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.deactivate(Deploy mentCallbackFlow.java:
> > 182) at
> > weblogic.application.internal.flow.DeploymentCallbackFlow.deactivate(Deploy mentCallbackFlow.java:
> > 174) at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment
> > $2.previous(BaseDeployment.java:1279) at
> > weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.previousState(StateMachineDri ver.java:
> > 167) at
> > weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver. java:
> > 50) at
> > weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.activate(BaseDeployment.java:
> > 409) at

Nicolas Leroux

Oct 12, 2010, 4:25:06 PM10/12/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hmm that's weird, is there an /WEB-INF/application in your war file then?

Can you check the war file to see if everything is there?

Nicolas

Rafael George

Oct 13, 2010, 8:16:14 AM10/13/10
to play-framework
Yes there is a WEB-INF/application in there.

The weird thing is that I made a succesful deploy at first, after
switching from dev to prod in the application.conf file was when the
error messages started. But if I let the dev configuration then the
routing doesn't work.

On Oct 12, 4:25 pm, Nicolas Leroux <leroux.nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm that's weird, is there an /WEB-INF/application in your war file then?
>
> Can you check the war file to see if everything is there?
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Oct 12, 2010, at 10:22 PM, Rafael George wrote:> After trying with 1.1RC1 I get the same error, which is:
>
> > User defined listener play.server.ServletWrapper failed:
> > java.lang.NullPointerException. java.lang.NullPointerException at
> > java.io.File.<init>(File.java:222) at
> > play.server.ServletWrapper.contextInitialized(ServletWrapper.java:47)
> > at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager
> > $FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:481) at
> > weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubje ct.java:
> > 321) at
> > weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
> > 121) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager.notifyContextCreatedEvent(EventsMan ager.java:
> > 181) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAppServl etContext.java:
> > 1863) at
> > weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.start(WebAppServletContext.j ava:

Kosta

Oct 13, 2010, 5:20:35 PM10/13/10
to play-framework
Hi,

I successfully deployed a play app on weblogic in work... Have you
tried deploying it unpacked?
I vaguely remember that I called the folder something like
myplayapp.war and I had the unzipped war within that.
Give that a try. If not I can check it for you in work tomorrow
because it's still deployed. I think I used a custom weblogic.xml file
as well.

> read more »

Rafael George

Oct 14, 2010, 8:19:43 AM10/14/10
to play-framework
Can you post your weblogic.xml file please, I think probably that's
the problem.

Also I would like to have an automatic deployment system with my play
app and weblogic, are you planning to doing something regarding that?

Thanks in advance.

> read more »

Kosta

Oct 14, 2010, 10:09:13 AM10/14/10
to play-framework
OK, so this is the way I have it set up:

I added a weblogic.xml file to WEB-INF that contains the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<weblogic-web-app>
<container-descriptor>
<prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
</container-descriptor>
</weblogic-web-app>

Then I created the war WITHOUT zipping it, and renamed the resulting
FOLDER to:
<application name>.war

In weblogic, under deployments I clicked on install, then under path I
pointed it to the actual folder where the application resides, so
something like:
C:\<application name>.war
and used the default settings for the rest. That seemed to work!

I am using Weblogic 10.3.2.0 and Play 1.0 by the way, but don't think
that should make a difference.

> read more »

Rafael George

Oct 15, 2010, 9:12:28 AM10/15/10
to play-framework
I got this error from weblogic log now

09:11:30,109 ERROR ~ Precompiled classes are missing!!

Even when the classes are in the directory for my app myapp.war I just
put the weblogic.xml inside the WEB-INF too

Another suggestion?

> leer más »

Rafael George

Oct 15, 2010, 10:04:15 AM10/15/10
to play-framework
I did the deployment properly, but when I try to use the only route
defined, I get this:

Not found

GET /application/inforequired

Also this is an play app but this is a restful webservice and that's
all there are none ui or whatsover.

Thanks in advance.

On 14 oct, 10:09, Kosta <kosta.kra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> leer más »

Olivier Refalo

Apr 27, 2011, 8:17:41 PM4/27/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
ok - I can confirm the exact same error with Play 1.2 - master

tried with my own app, and the yabe sample... same issue.

for info Weblogic developer can be downloaded (freeof charge) from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/middleware/weblogic/downloads/wls-main-097127.html