Private resources in a Play application.

Igor Urisman

Oct 15, 2020, 12:05:21 PM10/15/20
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

I have a couple of resource files I need to ship with my Play 2.8 application (Scala), but I want them to be baked into the distribution JAR file, not added to the conf/ directory. The standard sbt directory structure provides for such a use case, but Play overrides that. It's convenient to have the conf/ directory for user facing config files, no doubt, but I absolutely cannot ship with my proprietary resource files in it. I realize that I can repackage the build, but that seems a hack.

Thanks in advance,
—Igor.