[2.0] TIP : running Play 2.0 debug when using sbt (and not the play tool)

andy petrella

Mar 22, 2012, 6:21:39 AM3/22/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Guyz,

I've installed Play 2.0 through giter8 from TypeSafe. Creating the app using the template.

The fact is that, now, I use sbt directly instead of the play. This tool adds the debug option (through the use of a JPDA_PORT env. var) when you run play debug.

If you're like me and you need to debug, you have the option to set the env. variable SBT_OPTS with the classical  -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=9999

HTH