this week in platypus. 8.15.16 - 8.21.16.

1 view

Robert Weitzer

Aug 15, 2016, 2:08:43 PM8/15/16
to platypu...@googlegroups.com

this week in platypus

weekly coffee breaks

Platypus Coffee Breaks are the informal conversations about the meaning and future of the Left that Platypus hosts on a weekly basis. They are a great time to meet with members of Platypus, fellow travelers, and allies of the group. It’s an opportunity to discuss issues raised in the latest issue of the Platypus Review, consider the state of the Left, and just hang out with people who have similar political interests. Please join us!

newyork.platypus1917.org

NYC Coffee Break

Tuesdays @ 6:00pm

Think Coffee
//73 8th Ave

Contact:  vcs...@platypus1917.org

primary marxist reading group: what is the left? what is politics?

Mondays @ 7 pm

This week's group will be held at Think Coffee (73 8th Ave).

This week's reading:

Week B. Radical bourgeois philosophy II. Hegel: Freedom in history | Aug. 13, 2016

• G.W.F. HegelIntroduction to the Philosophy of History (1831) [HTML] [PDF pp. 14-128] [Audiobook]

Next week's reading:

Week C. Radical bourgeois philosophy III. Nietzsche (1): Life in history | Aug. 20, 2016

• Friedrich NietzscheOn the Use and Abuse of History for Life (1874) [translator's introduction by Peter Preuss]

Nietzsche on history chart of terms

Robert Weitzer

Aug 15, 2016, 2:11:00 PM8/15/16
to platypu...@googlegroups.com
(Ignore the dates on the reading group syllabus. We will be updating those soon. We currently meet every Monday. Please check in with me if you plan on attending)