this week in platypus. 8.1.16 - 8.7.16.

1 view

Robert Weitzer

Aug 1, 2016, 8:20:47 AM8/1/16
to Platypus1917nyc

this week in platypus

weekly coffee breaks

Platypus Coffee Breaks are the informal conversations about the meaning and future of the Left that Platypus hosts on a weekly basis. They are a great time to meet with members of Platypus, fellow travelers, and allies of the group. It’s an opportunity to discuss issues raised in the latest issue of the Platypus Review, consider the state of the Left, and just hang out with people who have similar political interests. Please join us!

newyork.platypus1917.org

NYC Coffee Break

Tuesdays @ 6:00pm

Think Coffee
//73 8th Ave

Contact:  vcs...@platypus1917.org

If you would like to discuss a specific article from the PR or elsewhere, please send me a link and a brief note on why you think we should read it.

Latest issue of the Platypus Review: http://platypus1917.org/platypus-review/

We will be discussing the election today. Essential readings:

http://platypus1917.org/2015/12/17/sandernistas-final-triumph-1980s/

http://platypus1917.org/2016/03/30/the-sandernistas/

http://platypus1917.org/2016/07/11/afraid-donald-trump/

See you there! Stay tuned for details regarding this year's primary Marxist reading group, which will be held at NYU.