Is there an elegant way to integrate code performing authentication on other php site into Devise?

已查看 25 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

stanislaw

未读,
2012年6月19日 20:14:282012/6/19
收件人 Devise
I am developing Rails application, in which I need to authorize users
from other site written on PHP.

The APIs of PHP site written by its developer are custom i.e. they are
not OmniAuth or similar.

I wonder, if there is elegant way to somehow integrate my code sending/
receiving JSON responses to/from PHP site into Devise, so it could
work like I am doing authentication of users in usual Devise way from
my app.

Thanks.

Exact copy of this question on SO:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11110131/is-there-an-elegant-way-to-integrate-code-performing-authentication-on-other-php

Carlos Antonio da Silva

未读,
2012年6月20日 21:55:472012/6/20
收件人 plataforma...@googlegroups.com
I think you may need too much customization to get this done, which may lead me to think it's not worth to use Devise at all - unless you need more features that Devise can give you.

In any case, if you want to give it a try, I think you could start by writing a custom strategy that talks to your PHP API, and use it with Devise. You can take a look at Devise strategies to base your work.

--
At.
Carlos Antonio

stanislaw

未读,
2012年6月21日 10:21:402012/6/21
收件人 Devise
Got it. Thanks!

On Jun 21, 4:55 am, Carlos Antonio da Silva
> >http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11110131/is-there-an-elegant-way-t...
回复全部
回复作者
转发