Rampart Division Monthly Senior Lead Officer Newsletter (August 2014)

12 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Anthony Crump

no leída,
13 ago 2014, 6:16:14 p.m.13/8/14
para Seamus Garrity,James Bigelow,plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com,silverlake watch

Rampart Division Monthly Senior Lead Officer Newsletter (August 2014)11 Aug

LAPD Rampart from Los Angeles Police Department

Basic Car 2A1
Senior Lead Officer Matthew Zeigler
Cell (213) 793-0771
E-mail 34...@lapd.lacity.org
Boundaries:
On the south, Beverly Bl. North on Vermont Ave, east on Melrose Ave to Hoover. North on Hoover to Santa Monica Blvd, west on Santa Monica Blvd to Normandie. South on Normandie, back to Beverly Blvd.

Reporting Districts: 0201,0202,0203,0211 and 0221.

Crime Report
Now that summer is well under way, we usually see an increase in crime. That was not the case this last month. Crime in our area is down in all categories. Let’s keep working together and continue this trend. Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle. And always keep you doors and windows locked. Protect yourself and protect your property. Get involved and start a community group. Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have Below is a breakdown of the part one crime. Remember to always report suspicious people in your neighborhood to the police department. We had a total of 24 Part-one crimes between July 06, 2014 and August 02, 2014. Here are the crime stats for the month.

- Homicide: 0
- Rape: 0
- Robbery: 7
- Assault: 4
- Burglary: 3
- Burglary from Auto: 5
- Theft: 3
- GTA: 2

It is important to remember that criminals often prey on those who are unaware of their surroundings or pre-occupied with something else. Be aware at all times and pay particular attention as you walk or drive down streets. It is worth noting that most of the crimes are occurring are between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. That is not an opinion, it is fact. And remember to “Like us” on Facebook to receive crime updates in your neighborhood.

Community Group Information
Virgil Village neighborhood watch meets on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM.

East Hollywood Neighborhood Council meets on the third Monday of the month

Community Police Advisory Board meets the first Tuesday of the month.

Rampart Station
Front desk: (213) 484-3400
City Resources: 311

Basic Car 2A12
Senior Lead Officer Victor Gutierrez
Cell (213) 793-0784
E-mail 26...@lapd.lacity.org

The boundaries for basic car 2A12 are Sunset Bl to the north, 3rd St to the south, Vermont Av to the west and to the east. There are five reporting districts (RD) within this basic car area: RD’s 0204, 205, 212, 215 and 231. There are two Neighborhood Councils that are within my Basic Car boundaries: The Silverlake Neighborhood Council and the Rampart Village Neighborhood Council. Both of these Neighborhood Councils have websites you can visit to find out their meeting dates and times, and fall under Council District 13 Mitch Ofarrel.

Crime Trends:

Do you own a Honda Element? If you do, you need to read this and let your neighbors know too. It appears that Honda Elements are equipped with a precious metal inside their catalytic converters. This in turn has caught the attention of thieves in the area. Over the past few weeks, our area has been hit with a spree of catalytic converter thefts. The thieves are doing most of their work in the middle of the night while we sleep. It appears that the suspects may be getting under these Honda Elements (parked both on the street and on private property) and literally sawing-off the tail pipes to include these converters. Over 18 alone have been stolen in the last few weeks.

If you see any unusual activity or hear electric saws being used in the middle of the night, please don’t hesitate to call 911. We are looking for any additional information regarding these recent thefts.

Please mark this dates on your calendars.

Tuesday, August 5th National Night Out / Rampart Station

Thursday, August 7th Silver Lake Neighborhood Watch Meeting
Cowboys and Turbons 2815 Sunset Blvd @ 6:30 PM

Wednesday, August 13th Marathon Neighborhood Watch Meeting @ 7PM
4053 Marathon Street

Do you have a Facebook account? Well we do. Our Facebook page is up and running. Go to LAPD Rampart and read up on what’s happening in our area. Don’t forget to “LIKE” us! That way you will be informed on crime trends, recent incidents and upcoming events in the Rampart Area.

If you witness a crime or see something unusual please report it or contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS (8477).

If you would like to start up a “Neighborhood Watch Group” in your area, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the above listed phone number.

Basic Car Area 2A17
Senior Lead Officer Jason Abner
Cell (213) 926-0256
E-mail 35...@lapd.lacity.org

Boundaries:
The boundaries for Basic Car 2A17 are from Temple St north to Sunset Bl between Glendale and Coronado and Temple St south to 3rd St between Alvarado and Occidental.

Crime Trends:
The main problem in the Basic Car 2A17 has been Burglary from Motor Vehicles. This problem has also been an ongoing issue throughout Rampart Division. We have seen a large increase in the number of Burglary from Motor Vehicles along Beverly Bl and 3rd St between Alvarado and Occidental. GTA has increased in the north end of the division along Sunset Bl. This is just a reminder to lock your vehicle, hide or remove any valuable items from the interior of your car. These are the keys to keeping your items and avoid being a victim.

Burglaries are also on the rise in the northern portion of the Division. Remember to close and lock sliding doors and windows when you are not at home. Often times, these burglaries are occurring during the day while residents are at work.

-If you observe suspicious activity, contact the police immediately by calling 911 (Emergency) or 877-LAPD 24 7 (Non Emergency).

If you witness a crime or see something unusual please report it or contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-Tips (8477). Rampart Division also has a facebook and twitter page. The two sites are regularly updated with crime trends and wanted persons. Please check these sites to stay up to date with events and other activities within the division.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED

I would encourage all citizens within this basic car to get involved in the community. The Community Police Advisory Board meets every 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM. Rampart Village Neighborhood Council meets every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 5:30 PM, and Greater Echo Park Elysian Neighborhood Council meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM. There is also numerous neighborhood watch groups that meet periodically to discuss issues within their neighborhoods and problem solve.

TRAFFIC CONCERNS

The intersections of Alvarado and Temple and Alvarado and Beverly are areas of high traffic collisions. It is important to slow down and pay close attention due to the large amount of vehicle traffic and foot traffic in these areas.

Basic Car 2A39
Senior Lead Officer Lewis Ford
Cell (213) 793-0775
E-mail 27...@lapd.lacity.org
The boundaries for 2A39’s area are Sunset Bl to the North, the 110 Freeway to the East, 3rd St to the South and Glendale Bl / Union Ave to the West. The Reporting Districts in the basic car area are: RD’s 218,219,237,238 and 239
During the month of July, crime in Basic Car Area 2A39 has remained steadily low.
There continues to be a few Vehicle Burglaries (BTFV) around Echo Park Lake (Rd218) area and around (Rd 237) Miramar st / Lucas st. These crimes are occurring early morning hours, but with that being said, all other crimes have been few.

Burglary suspects usually are males between 16 yrs. and 30 yrs. of age, carrying a backpack or some type of article to carry or transport tools. They often work early in the morning or late at night

Please be sure to remove I-Pod, cell phones, lap tops, GPS systems and cameras from your vehicles or place them in the trunk.
“Lock It, Hide It, Keep It”

TRAFFIC CONCERNS:
There are two main traffic concerns in A39’s area .The first is the Triangle intersection located at Bellevue St, Marion Av, and E. Kensington Rd. This intersection has (8) directions with posted Stop Signs. Please be aware if you past through this area and drive safely.
The second location is at Echo Park Av / Laguna Av. The crosswalk at this location is used by many school children and elderly. Southbound and northbound vehicle traffic is traveling at high rates of speed making it unsafe for pedestrians in the crosswalk.
If you have any traffic concerns near your residence please call me at (213) 7930775 and let me know what your concerns are.

UP-COMING EVENTS:

Rampart Area National Night Out….. 08/05/2014 (Rampart Sta)
E.P.I.A. Mtg.………………..08/14/2014 (7:00 pm Barlow Hosp 2000 Stadium Wy).

G.E.P.N.C Mtg.……………..08/02/2014 (7:00 PM 1018 Mohawk St)

E.P.S.A. Mtg………………..08/03/2014 2;00 PM ,2011 W. Sunset Bl

Basic Car Area 2A45
Senior Lead Officer Iris Santin
Cell (213) 793-0778
E-mail 31...@lapd.lacity.org
Basic car 2A45 covers the area of Alvarado St to the East, Hoover St to the West, 3rd St to the North and James M. Wood to the South.

Crime Trends:
Vehicle burglaries and vehicle thefts continue to be a concern in the Rampart area. These crimes are occurring most frequently during the week between the hours of 3AM-5AM. Toyotas and Hondas are suspect’s choice of vehicle. We are promoting the Lock It, Hide It, and Keep It Campaign. We strongly encourage community members to not leave valuables in their vehicles that might catch the attention of a criminal.

Prevention:
-Lock all car doors and windows
-Ensure that all your valuables remain out of view or in your house (i.e. cell phones, GPS, iPods)
-Record the serial numbers of your electronic and computer equipment in a secure location
-If you observe suspicious activity, contact 911 (Emergency), 311 (Non- Emergency) immediately.
Gangs:
The community needs to reach out to our youth before gang members get a hold of them. Please contact the Rampart Community Relations Office (CRO) at (213) 484-3063 for more information regarding our CADET and Martial Arts programs.

Graffiti:
If you see any graffiti that needs to be removed contact Central City Action Committee at 311 or (213) 241-0908. If you have any information regarding gang activity please contact Rampart Gang Detail at (213) 484-2660

Community Events:
MacArthur Park Neighborhood Council
August 11, 2014 (Monday)
2618 W 7th St Los Angeles, CA 90026

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/LapdRampartDivis...

Twitter:
@LAPDRampart

CRIME TIPS
877-LAPD 247
877-527-3247
LA Crime Stoppers - http://lacrimestoppers.com/

Basic Car Area 2A56
Senior Lead Officer Frank Garcia
Cell No. (213) 793-0770
E-mail 33...@lapd.lacity.org

Boundaries:
Temple Street south to 7th Street between Alvarado Street and Union Avenue.

CRIME TRENDS
During the month of July, the main issue in the basic car continues to be the illegal vending along the 6th Street and Alvarado Corridors. Currently, the ordinance of 42.00 (B) LAMC is being discussed with various community leaders and city officials as to whether it should be legalized or not. We will have more information for you about this topic in the next 60 days or so when it becomes available.
Property crimes are on the rise in our area. We are experiencing a high number of items being stolen while unattended. Items are being stolen from shopping carts, check cashing counters and checkout counter tops. We need to make you are always in control of your personal items like your purse and wallet. Do not leave them unattended inside of a shopping cart, even for just a few seconds. If you have a purse, close it so no one can reach inside of it and take your items. Always be aware of your surroundings. If you observe suspicious activity, contact police immediately and call 911.
There has been an increase in narcotics activity in the area of 3rd Street Street between Burlington and Alvarado. If you see any suspicious activity do not hesitate to call 911. If you have any information regarding ongoing gang activity please contact Rampart Narcotics Detail at (213) 484-3680
If you witness a crime or see something unusual please report it or contact Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-Tips (8477) or go to the LAPD Website to report a crime and it can be anonymous. You can also text a tip. If you observe any suspicious activity, contact the police immediately by calling 911 (Emergency) or 877-LAPD 24 7 (Non-Emergency)
Please mark these dates on your calendars and become involved:
I would encourage all citizens within the basic car to get involved in the community. The Community Police Advisory Board will meet Aug 5, 6pm at Rampart Station next month It is always the first Tuesday of every month but is usually held at 625 S. Lucas in the Sequoia Room at Good Samaritan Hospital but due to National Night Out, the location was changed. The Westlake North Neighborhood Council meets at Rampart Station, 1401 W. 6th Street, on the 2nd Thursday of every month, at 6pm. The next meeting will by August 14th, 2014. The Westlake South Neighborhood Council meets at 360 S. Westlake at the Royal Palms Recovery Center the fourth Monday of every month. The next meeting will be August 25th, 2014. The Westlake committees meet to discuss and plan improvements for the Westlake Area as well as organize upcoming events.
The City of Los Angeles, Council members: Gil Cedillo – CD 1 and Mitch O’ Farrell CD13, The Los Angeles Police Department - Rampart Community Relations Office invite you to Rampart Area’s National Night Out. It will be August 5, 2014. This is an event where you can come together and spend the evening with the LAPD and all your neighbors and have a good time. The event will start at MacArthur Park at 5:30 p.m. and eventually end with a rally at Rampart Station.
If you would like to start up a “Neighborhood Watch Group”or “Business Watch Group” in your area or need any information on Basic Car Area 2A56, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the above listed phone number.
Traffic concerns:
The Alvarado Corridor between Temple and 7th Street is an area that continues to be plagued with high vehicle traffic and pedestrian traffic. It is important to slow down and pay close attention. Stay off that cell phone when driving. Always remember to wear your seat belt.
If you need to get a hold of me you can leave me a message at the number listed above or send me an email. We are also on Facebook and Twitter.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LapdRampartDivis...

Basic Car 2A69
Senior Lead Officer Amanda Serrano
Cell (213) 793-0776
E-mail 26...@lapd.lacity.org
Sergeant Franco (213) 500-2910

BOUNDARIES:
The boundaries for Basic Car 2A69 are 3rd St South to James M. Wood, and Union Ave East to the 110 freeway.

Officer Serrano will be off work for a few more months. This basic car will be handled by the other Senior Lead Officers. Please feel free to call me, Sergeant Franco at (213) 500-2819 and I will handle your concerns or I will assign them to other Senior Lead Officers.

During the month of July the crime in this area has remained relatively low. We still continue to have some problems with items being stolen from motor vehicles. Most of the problem is due to suspects who see the opportunity to steal items from vehicles when the items are left visible to the public. Please make sure to Hide and lock your valuables out of sight and also lock your vehicle. For example, if you are going to the market and know you are going to leave your lap top or your purse in your vehicle, hide it and lock it away in a place in your vehicle that is not visible to the public BEFORE you get to the store. Sometimes, putting your valuables away just as you get ready to leave your vehicle sends out a signal as to what you have and where it is, so if at all possible Hide it and lock it BEFORE you get to the place where you will be leaving your vehicle.

Basic Car 2A75
Senior Lead Officer Susanne
Cell (213) 793-0769
Email – 35...@lapd.lacity.org
BOUNDARIES
The boundaries for Basic Car 2A75 are from 7th St south to 11th St between Union Ave and Lake St. James M Wood south to 11th St between Lake St and Hoover St.

BOUNDARIES:
The boundaries for Basic Car 2A75 are from 7th St south to 11th St between Union Ave and Lake St. Then James M Wood south to 11th St between Lake St and Hoover St.

HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
I would encourage all citizens within this basic car area to get involved in the community. The Community Police Advisory Board meets every 1st Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM; Westlake Protectors Neighborhood Watch meets every 1st Thursday of the month at 6:00pm. Westlake South Neighborhood Council meetings are held the 4th Monday of every month at Royal Palms Recovery Center located at 360 S. Westlake. This committee meets to discuss and plan improvements for the Westlake Area and well as organize upcoming events.

CRIME REDUCTION:
Our goal is to build a partnership where we work together to reduce crime, problem solve and continue the beautification efforts for the City of Los Angeles. Please ensure that you are securing your residence when you leave for the day or even just a couple of minutes. Property crimes are the first to increase during the warmer days when windows and doors remain open for the purpose of air circulation. There has been a recent increase in property crimes in the Westlake area. Protect your personal property from theft and join our efforts in the Hide It, Lock It, Keep It campaign. The goal of this campaign is to educate and inform the community that if they hide their personal property and or lock it up, the percentage and likeliness of loss minimizes.

ADDITIONAL:
We are looking for volunteers to be Community Emergency Response Team personnel for natural disasters or catastrophic events. CERT members are trained to help diminish the amount of and severity of problems that occur within the first 72 hours following a disaster. These events severely restrict and overwhelm emergency response resources, communications, transportation and utilities. The purpose of CERT is to provide citizens with the basic skills that they will need to handle their own needs and then to respond to their community’s needs in the aftermath of a disaster. If you are interested in being a trained member of CERT please contact
The Los Angeles Fire Department at (818) 756-9674 or email at lafd...@lacity.org

PROGRAMS:
The Juvenile Impact Program will begin August 16, 2014. The mission of this program is to target at risk youths in the Los Angeles area through police officers, detectives and court referrals in an effort to instill a positive, permanent change in their behavior. Please contact Rampart Community Relations Office for more information or to pick up an application prior to the start date.

Basic Car 2A92
Senior Lead Officer Patty Braendle
Cell (213) 793-0777
Email 33...@lapd.lacity.org

BOUNDARIES:
The Los Angeles Police Department Rampart Division is responsible for patrolling the Pico-Union area of Rampart.
The area for Basic car 2A92 boundary is Hoover on the west, the 110 freeway on the east, the 10 freeway on the south, and 11th St until Union Ave and James M Wood after Union Ave on the north side.

CRIME TRENDS:
Community members and Police need to continue to work in partnership together so we can keep crime down in 2014 for Pico Union area. Property crimes seem to be the target early on this year so please remember to lock up your houses and vehicles and don’t have any valuables anywhere visible. These small or big valuables are what makes you become a victim of a crime.

Pico Union area has had an increase in stolen vehicles and burglary from motor vehicles in the past month. Please be a good neighbor and if you see something that can help us find anyone committing a crime call it in and give a good detailed description of the suspect. If something looks suspicious or just does not seem right call PD and report it. If you have any information to share with Detectives please call it into the We Tip hotline 1-800-222-8477

If you see something that does not seem like it is right or you feel that it is suspicious activity do not hesitate to call 9-1-1 and report it. Please remember that when you do report crime give us all the details and descriptions of suspects involved in order to assist PD in finding the right suspects.

Please help our community by calling 3-1-1 for Graffiti removal and Bulky Item pick up. Let’s all take a few minutes to help make the community a cleaner and better place.

TRAFFIC CONCERNS:
Please remember to drive safely at all times especially during heavy traffic hour when there is a lot of pedestrian activity. Please be extra cautious in residential areas since school is back in session and there will be more children out. Washington and Union Ave has been a problem intersection for traffic accidents so please be extra cautious while conducting left turns there. Give yourself enough time to get places so you do not have to speed through residential areas.

ADDITIONAL:
Upcoming events: Summer Night Lights will be starting at Toberman Park. It will be every Wednesday through Saturday evenings from 7:00P.M until 11:00P.M. The Pico Union Neighborhood Council meeting will be held on August 4th at 6:30 P.M. at 1225 S Union Ave at the Kolping House. The Rampart C-PAB meeting will be held September 9th at 6:00 P.M at Good Samaritan Hospital. Rampart will be hosting National Night Out on August 5th in front of Rampart Community Police Station. We will also be starting our JIPP (Juvenile Intervention Prevention Program) again if you would like information regarding possibly having your child attend this program please come into Rampart Station and ask to speak with Officer Covington. The program will be held on Saturdays at John Liechty Middle School starting August 16th. If you would like more information on any of these meetings or would like to start a new neighborhood watch in your area please feel free to contact me.

Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos