Silver Lake shooting at recreation center leaves one man injured

Anthony Crump

Aug 7, 2013, 1:21:01 PM8/7/13
to Silver Lake Neighborhood Council, plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com

Via The EastsiderLA

A man was wounded during a shooting tonight at the Bellevue Recreation Center in Silver Lake following an argument between rival gangs, according to  Patch and City News Service.  The victim, described as a man in his 20s, was shot in the back and hand at about 8 p.m.  The suspect remains at large.

http://www.theeastsiderla.com/2013/08/silver-lake-shooting-at-recreation-center-leaves-one-man-injured/

Anthony Crump

Aug 7, 2013, 1:52:30 PM8/7/13
to Teresa Sitz, plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com
Teresa,

I completely disagree. I represent the area adjacent to the park and where this incident took place. In addition, I represent the area covered by the Plata Neighborhood Watch.  I believe that it is my responsibility to keep the community informed about things that affect them, including violent crime.

There is nothing on tonight's Silver Lake Neighborhood Council agenda that has to do with Bellevue Recreation Center, the park or this part of Silver Lake.  Furthermore, I don't believe sharing a news item without commentary is a Brown Act violation.  If you have evidence or a legal opinion otherwise, then please share that with me and others on the board.

Anthony Crump

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Teresa Sitz <teresa_st...@yahoo.com> wrote:
I'm not sure how appropriate it is to send this news item around since related issues are on tonight's agenda.

Thank you,

Teresa

Aug 7, 2013, 2:40:59 PM8/7/13
to plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com, teresa_st...@yahoo.com
Tony:
Thank you for sharing.
I'm not sure that this article or the one in The Patch was clear about this, but was the injured person involved in the dispute or was he an innocent bystander?

Teresa Strasser

Aug 7, 2013, 3:48:39 PM8/7/13
to plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com, Teresa Sitz, plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com
Wrong teresa!