Echo Park Gang Injunction

Anthony Crump

Aug 13, 2013, 2:24:03 PM8/13/13
to plata-neighb...@googlegroups.com

Good Morning,

Many of you have heard that the Silver Lake Neighborhood Council is considering a motion to oppose the proposed Glendale Boulevard Gang Injunction.  Region 3 of Silver Lake is not covered in the proposed injunction nor is 90% of Silver Lake.   For the basics on gang injunctions, you can read the "Gang Injunction 101" article that recently appeared in Los Angeles Magazine.  http://www.lamag.com/crimeinla/2013/06/17/injunctions-101-in-the-gang-capital-of-the-united-states-  There are many arguments both in favor and in opposition to the proposed injunction.

Gang Injunction Meeting

The Silver Lake Neighborhood Council Public Safety Committee is hosting a public forum to discuss the Glendale Boulevard Corridor (Echo Park) Gang Injunction Project. A portion of the gang injunction covers a small portion of Silver Lake, as well as Echo Park, Frogtown and Historic Filipinotown.  Representatives from the City Attorney's Office will be present to give information and answer questions.

Monday, August 19, 2013 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm

Russian Orthodox Church

650 Micheltorena Street

Los Angeles, CA 90026

SPECIAL PUBLIC SAFETY MTG RE: ECHO PARK GANG INJUNCTION

I want your feedback!

I understand that many of you may not be able to attend the meeting.  However, as your Region 3 Representative on the neighborhood council, I'd like to hear from as many Region 3 residents and business owners as possible before voting on the matter.   If you have a chance, please email your thoughts, concerns, questions, etc. on the gang injunction to me at Anthon...@SilverLakeNC.org.

Do you support it?  Oppose it?  Believe it should be further analyzed?  Need more information?  Please let me know.

Thanks

Anthony Crump
Region 3 Representative
Silver Lake Neighborhood Council