Convert

Óscar Peña-Nogales

Jan 31, 2024, 3:22:04 AMJan 31
to Plastimatch
Hi all,

I have some NIFTI images with different orientation (axial, sagittal...) and I'd like to convert them to DICOM to be able to visualize them in a radiological viewer (ie., Weasis).

In this context I have 2 issues.
- When I open the converted DICOM images in the DICOM viewer they appear nose down (the other way around as it should)
- All of them, regardless of the input orientation, they always appear in the axial plane.

To solve both issues I was trying to play with the direction-cosines (by using the affine value obtained from nibabel), dims and patient-pos... but I did not succeed.

Does anyone know
1) how could I flip the AXIAL output dicom images so the nose is up in the viewer?
2) how could I identify a Sagittal/Axial/Coronal image from the nifti header and apply the conversion correctly so the image is output in those orientations?

Thank you very much!
Ciao!