Bones for registration

Dhruv Jain

Feb 22, 2022, 10:50:24 AM2/22/22
to Plastimatch
Hi,

I would like to register ct and cbct images, using only the bones (hu). I can do a thresholding, but I wanted to know if it is already implemented by plastimatch register ??

Thanks Again..
Best Regards,
Dhruv

Dhruv Jain

Feb 25, 2022, 7:58:56 AM2/25/22
to Plastimatch
Hi Again,

When I use standard ct-cbct images, it is getting registered, but when I am using thresholded image (image>500) for bone registration, I am getting this error

VersorRigid3DTransformOptimizer: Cost function error after 1 iterations. itk::ERROR: MeanSquaresImageToImageMetric(0x7f3b98005740): Too many samples map outside moving image buffer: 38864 / 524288

Also my file is like this -

[GLOBAL]

moving =bones1.nrrd
fixed = bones2.nrrd
img_out =ct_reg.nii
xform_out = rigid_transformation.txt
[STAGE]
xform = align_center
[STAGE]
xform=rigid
optim=versor
max_its = 300
res = 4 4 2

Please HELP

Paolo Zaffino

Apr 1, 2022, 10:56:49 AM4/1/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would suggest using something like mi, nmi, or mattes.

Please, could you try this second stage (mi_histogram_bins can be smaller)?

[STAGE]
metric=mattes
xform=rigid
optim=versor