Cannot install plastimatch on Google Colab anymore

Michele Avanzo

Aug 14, 2023, 8:12:16 AM8/14/23
to Plastimatch
Hello,

suddendly I am not able to run Plastimatch from Google Colab. The same code worked until a few weeks ago. In Google Colab I use the following code to instal plastimatch:

!
sudo apt update
!sudo apt install plastimatch

and I get the following error:

Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree... Done Reading state information... Done Package plastimatch is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source E: Package 'plastimatch' has no installation candidate

any idea? is there any other way to install plastimatch in Colab?

Michele Avanzo

Aug 16, 2023, 10:49:31 AM8/16/23
to Plastimatch
update: I managed to use dicom2nifti instead of Plastimatch, however the issue should be addressed

Sharp, Gregory C.

Aug 16, 2023, 10:56:36 AM8/16/23
to plast...@googlegroups.com

Hi Michele,

Indeed, Colab updated their Ubuntu version to 22.04, which ships with a broken ITK package.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/plastimatch/+bug/2030675

I’ve started looking into fixing it, but it requires some effort.

Greg

Aug 17, 2023, 5:03:47 AM8/17/23
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Message has been deleted