Memory limit on plastimatch drr?

drj...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2021, 6:54:21 PM10/22/21
to Plastimatch
I am trying to make drr images from a large high resolution CT.
The input file is 3.6 GB. It does a core dump when running drr. When I watch the resource utilization, it seems to core dump when it gets up to using over 32GB RAM. The machine has 128GB.

It works fine if I reduce the spatial resolution with plastimatch resample without changing any other parameters.

Is there a memory limit on plastimatch drr?

Thanks.
John Hipp

Greg Sharp

Dec 14, 2021, 11:22:48 AM12/14/21
to Plastimatch
Hi John, So sorry for the delay.
Not intentionally.  Some years ago I upgraded the code to handle large volume sizes.  But it's possible the DRR code got overlooked.
I will take a look.
Greg