PFM Conversion

Andrew Fields

Nov 9, 2022, 1:01:13 PM11/9/22
to Plastimatch
Hi Plastimatch community,

I am using the DRR function to create simulated x-rays of the spine and the files need to be formatted as .png or .jpeg for my application. What is the optimal way for converting from a Plastimatch output format (pfm, pgm, or raw) into .png or .jpeg?

Right now, I am using the Plastimatch command prompt to output .pfm files, opening the .pfm files in GIMP, and exporting them as .png files with the default export parameters. It is functional, but a bit clunky.

Andrew

Sharp, Gregory C.

Nov 9, 2022, 3:26:52 PM11/9/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com

Hi Andrew,

I think you could use the imagemagick convert program.

But even better, I should refactor that code.  It is ancient, circa 2003, before ITK was required.  Now that ITK is required, we should use it!

Greg

Nov 10, 2022, 8:30:58 AM11/10/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
some years ago I wrote a python code for converting the pfm file into a numpy matrix.
At this point you can easily save the numpy matrix as image (eg by using skimage)
The code is already in the plastimatch source:
https://gitlab.com/plastimatch/plastimatch/-/blob/master/extra/python/pfm.py

I wrote it 7 years ago, so maybe something changed in the libraries.
Let me know if it works.

Best,
Paolo

Andrew Fields

Nov 10, 2022, 10:39:06 AM11/10/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the recommendations, George and Paolo!

Andrew

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Plastimatch" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/plastimatch/a12f54bd-db47-2f27-1df0-c92787e9f009%40yahoo.it.