The value in the CSV file output by plastimatch dvh is 0 when adding --input-ss-list

Rex Reynolds

May 29, 2020, 7:36:41 AM5/29/20
to Plastimatch
Hi all:
    I tried latest plastimatch dvh, but got some problems.

    plastimatch dvh --input-dose RTDOSE.dcm --input-ss-img RTSTRUCT.dcm --output-csv dvh.csv

    got Could not create IO object for reading file RTSTRUCT.dcm. Then I tried

    plastimatch convert --input RTSTRUCT.dcm --output-ss-img rs.mha
    plastimatch convert --input RTSTRUCT.dcm --output-ss-list ss.txt

    got rs.mha and ss.txt

    plastimatch dvh --input-dose RTDOSE.dcm --input-ss-img rs.mha --input-ss-list ss.txt --output-csv dvh.csv

    got a dvh.csv with structure names but 0 values.

    plastimatch dvh --input-dose RTDOSE.dcm --input-ss-img rs.mha --output-csv dvh.csv

    got a dvh.csv  without structure names but not 0 values.

    I uploaded the dvh results and sample data.
dvh_has_name.csv
dvh_no_name.csv
data.zip

Rex Reynolds

Jun 2, 2020, 5:15:15 AM6/2/20
to Plastimatch
Another problem, the dvh_has_name.csv is one column less than the dvh_no_name.csv

在 2020年5月29日星期五 UTC+8下午7:36:41,Rex Reynolds写道:

Rex Reynolds

Jun 12, 2020, 12:33:43 AM6/12/20
to Plastimatch
Can someone help me?
There's another question. Can I get Dmean of each structure from plastimatch?

在 2020年5月29日星期五 UTC+8下午7:36:41,Rex Reynolds写道:
Hi all:

Sharp, Gregory C.

Jun 20, 2020, 3:00:49 PM6/20/20
to Plastimatch
Hi Rex,

Sorry for the delay.  The dvh has not been updated to work with DICOM.  I created a ticket for this:

The workaround is to make plain image files:

plastimatch convert --input dicom/ --output-dose-img dose.mha --output-ss-img ss-img.mha --output-ss-list ss-img.txt

And then run dvh command:

plastimatch dvh --input-dose dose.mha --input-ss-img ss-img.mha --input-ss-list ss-img.txt

To get a mean, use the --differential option.  Then multiply the fraction by the dose, and sum them in LibreOffice or Excel.  If there is a more convenient format for yielding the DVH output I am interested in hearing opinions on this.

Greg

Jun 22, 2020, 1:35:54 AM6/22/20
to Plastimatch
Hi Greg,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I tried the two following commands(RTDOSE.dcm and RTSTRUCT.dcm are in dicom/)
    plastimatch convert --input dicom/ --output-dose-img dose.mha --output-ss-img ss-img.mha --output-ss-list ss-img.txt
    plastimatch dvh --input-dose dose.mha --input-ss-img ss-img.mha --input-ss-list ss-img.txt --output-csv dvh.csv
    but still got a dvh.csv with structure names with 0 values.

fcj...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2020, 5:01:41 AM8/6/20
to Plastimatch
Hi Greg:
    Excuse me, has this bug been fixed in the new version of plastimatch?

fcj...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2021, 2:31:24 AM3/3/21
to Plastimatch
Excuse me, has this bug been fixed?
This bug has been bothering me for a long time.
TAT

Sharp, Gregory C.

Mar 30, 2021, 4:44:16 PM3/30/21
to Plastimatch
Hi again,
Sorry, not yet.  This slipped through the cracks.  I'll try to address.
Greg

Apr 8, 2021, 9:40:21 PM4/8/21
to Plastimatch
Hi Greg,
    Thank you for the reply. Has this bug been fixed?

Sharp, Gregory C.

May 4, 2021, 4:41:17 PM5/4/21
to Plastimatch
Hi FCJ,
Sorry for the delay.  This is now fixed.  You'll need pull the latest version and recompile.
Greg

Sent: Thursday, April 8, 2021 9:40 PM

fcj...@gmail.com

May 7, 2021, 12:42:12 PM5/7/21
to Plastimatch
Hi Greg:
    Thank you for fixing this bug. I'll try later.

fcj...@gmail.com

May 20, 2021, 5:19:22 AM5/20/21
to Plastimatch
Hi Greg:
    Sorry for the delay.
    I tried the latest version plastimatch with the sample data but still got the same result:
    plastimatch convert --input RTSTRUCT.dcm --output-ss-img rs.nrrd
    plastimatch convert --input RTSTRUCT.dcm --output-ss-list ss.txt

    plastimatch dvh --input-dose RTDOSE.dcm --input-ss-img rs.nrrd --input-ss-list ss.txt --output-csv dvh0.csv
    got a dvh0.csv with structure names but values are all zeros.
    plastimatch dvh --input-dose RTDOSE.dcm --input-ss-img rs.nrrd --output-csv dvh1.csv
    got a dvh1.csv with values but structure names are all unknown.

    I want to get a dvh.csv with structure names and values.

fcj...@gmail.com

Aug 20, 2021, 1:55:53 AM8/20/21
to Plastimatch
Hi all:
    Did I do anything wrong or can someone tell me what to do?