Images arent getting registered

Dhruv Jain

Feb 3, 2022, 6:05:37 AM2/3/22
to Plastimatch
Hi Again,

I am trying to do a rigid registration on a 3d volume ....
I require to do it on moving = ct(173 slices) and fixed = cbct(64 slices).... with output = 64 slices

[GLOBAL]
moving= ct
fixed=cbct
img_out=output.nii
xform_out = rigid_transformation.txt

[STAGE]
xform=align_center
[STAGE]
xform=rigid
optim=versor
metric=mi
max_its=500
res=2 2 1

so i guess the output.nii is the output image, but it is not getting registered accurately, as there is huge difference between output.nii and the fixed image...
Can someone help me out please.....
Thank you

Paolo Zaffino

Feb 3, 2022, 8:15:24 AM2/3/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think the optimizer didn't do anything.
Plastimatch prints on screen several useful information, could you share them?

I think you could try to fine tune the metric (mattes?), min_step/max_step, and mi_histogram_bins.
Here the explanation for each parameter:
https://plastimatch.org/registration_command_file_reference.html

If you want I can share some parameters that usually work fine for my rigid registrations.

Best,
Paolo

Dhruv Jain

Feb 3, 2022, 10:50:49 AM2/3/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com

Hi Paolo again,
Thanks for replying so quickly.

Sorry about my question.
I made a silly mistake, I was running it for less iterations. Now I have corrected from 30->500, so I am getting much better results.

Thanks Again...
Best Regards,
Dhruv

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Plastimatch" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/plastimatch/0c692d90-b175-cf46-9166-f900f88ef666%40yahoo.it.

Paolo Zaffino

Feb 3, 2022, 5:31:02 PM2/3/22
to plast...@googlegroups.com
Great!
My suggestions are still valid to improve the results.

Best,
Paolo
Message has been deleted