Deformable registration

Hussam Jassim

Oct 26, 2021, 4:08:05 AM10/26/21
to Plastimatch
Dear Developers,

Good morning,

I  run registration process using Plastimatch, and successfully registered the two CT scans images. However, when I try to analyse the results I have found mismatch between warped contour and reference countour as in the attached screenshot.

I was wondering  how I can resolve this issue?

Best regards

Hussam Jassim

Nov 14, 2021, 9:22:53 AM11/14/21
to Plastimatch
Hi there,

Is there any suggestion?

Yours sincerely

Greg Sharp

Dec 14, 2021, 11:09:17 AM12/14/21
to Plastimatch
Hi, Sorry for the delay.
Yes, this registration was not successful.  In general, the bladder can be difficult to match.
I can offer the following general suggestions:

1) While tuning the parameters, run a single stage at low resolution.  If the first stage doesn't work, additional stages won't help.
2) It can help to adjust the contrast prior to registration to highlight difference between organs.  For example, if the bladder has HU 40 and surrounding fat has HU -80, you can accentuate intensity differences between them.
3) In worst case, use landmarks to manually improve.

Greg

Hussam Jassim

Dec 24, 2021, 5:28:20 PM12/24/21
to Plastimatch