perl errors

Scott Glancy

Jun 18, 2013, 11:59:34 AM6/18/13
to plansc...@googlegroups.com
I have had plans working for a few years, but starting a few days ago, it has failed.  Trying to access plans.cgi through http, gives 500 internal server error.  Executing "perl plans.cgi" from the command line gives the errors:

syntax error at Time/Normalize.pm line 129, near "->import qw(langinfo)"
Compilation failed in require at includes.pl line 50.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at includes.pl line 50.
Compilation failed in require at plans.cgi line 112.

I suspect that these errors started when some parts of perl were updated on my web server.

Thanks for any help resolving these errors.

Dallas Wisehaupt

Sep 23, 2013, 12:58:59 PM9/23/13
to plansc...@googlegroups.com
Scott,

This is a change of acceptable quoting in newer versions of perl. To fix it, just change line 129 of Time/Normalize.pm to the following and it will work

I18N::Langinfo->import (qw(langinfo));

Dallas