flexible display in <calendar_item> for multicalendar mode

joho1012

Jun 17, 2012, 8:39:04 AM6/17/12
to planscalendar
Is it a way to show the list of calendars an event is part of, but
only when the event is multi calendar: I mean, if an event is only on
one calendar, say "A" there is nothing after the title, but if the
event is on calendar "A" but also on calendar "B" and calendar "C", it
would be convenient to have " (A,B,C)" after the title.

joho1012

Jun 24, 2012, 7:05:35 AM6/24/12
to plansc...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha! After some time of struggling, I could manage it. There are some hard-coded options:
  • it supposes you put all "shared" events in a common calendar (whose name you don't want to show) and you include those events in other calendars afterwards, so the list of calendars the events belongs to begins with the second one (index 1, 0-based!)
  • in the plans.template file, the calendar item template must have " (###calendar title###)" with the parentheses in order to skip the calendar title for the events that belong to one calendar only

If somebody is interested in, I may send my version of plans.cgi. Maybe once when I get some time, I'll try and put it in a better way. For now, the most important additional feature would be to get the accented chars working like they should!