Email reminders

Trudge

Jan 17, 2012, 4:02:23 PM1/17/12
to planscalendar
I've been using this application for our non-profit group of about 12
members. I must say it beats hands-down most of the other
alternatives. Thank you so much.

Some of us would like email reminders of scheduled events, but the
reminders come in very late, or not at all. I'm not looking so much
for a fix, but as a Perl programmer myself, even a starting point as
to where this event is triggered would be a great help. I'm willing to
poke around the source code and see what gives if I knew where to
start looking. Thanks.

Frank

Feb 20, 2012, 4:54:35 PM2/20/12
to plansc...@googlegroups.com
If you are using the same version of Plans that I am there is a reminders file that is built when someone enters an event and puts in e-mail addresses of people to remind. There is a script that must be run daily that looks for the file and sends out appropriate reminders. This script must be run manually. I do it by touching it with a browser that invokes it. The script is in ~cgi-bin on my isp and is called email_reminders.cgi. the reminder file is in ~cgi-bin/data and is called email_reminders.xml.

Hope that this helps you.

Frank Hof
CERT of The Villages Geek