Update suggestions 07/22

rinkj...@googlemail.com

Jul 22, 2013, 9:20:55 AM7/22/13
to plan...@googlegroups.com
Hi HongKee,
Playing with PlanMine, I noticed the following points worth changing. Lemme know what you think... And whether you consider this Google Group idea viable :)

1.

      1.   Home Page, links bottom left corner: Leave “contact us”, add tab “planarian labs world-wide” [link to planarian lab list], add tab “rink lab” [link to rink lab home   page], delete tab “publications”.
2.     Home page, add MPI-CBG logo bottom right corner (same level as InterMine logo, link to MPI-CBG home page).
3.     Home page, News &. updates: Replace InterMine content with PlanMine content. First message: “07/26: PlanMine is going live! Things may be a bit slow for the time being, but the dedicated server is on order…”
4.     Home page, “Questions? Comments? Click here!” Replace with: “Specific questions? Click here!” [link to planmine e-mail]. Further add: Want to get involved with PlanMine? Join the PlanMine Google Group [  link: Join the PlanMine mailing list!
5.     Trancript view, feature report Blast hits: Possible to link to actual NCBI entry of BLAST hit?
6.     Trancript view, feature report Domain hits: Possible to link to actual Pfam/PNTR pages? IMPORTANT, because many domain names are non-intuitive…
7.     Search function: Which “authors” are being searched (e.g., query “yap”)? I think useless at the moment-remove authors from search.

HongKee

Jul 24, 2013, 5:01:35 AM7/24/13
to plan...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Jochen,

My suggestions are below.

On Monday, July 22, 2013 3:20:55 PM UTC+2, jochen rink wrote:
Hi HongKee,
Playing with PlanMine, I noticed the following points worth changing. Lemme know what you think... And whether you consider this Google Group idea viable :)

1.

      1.   Home Page, links bottom left corner: Leave “contact us”, add tab “planarian labs world-wide” [link to planarian lab list], add tab “rink lab” [link to rink lab home   page], delete tab “publications”.

I think it is necessary. However, I cleaned the top-right corner black tabs. I added "rink lab" in the bottom instead.

2.     Home page, add MPI-CBG logo bottom right corner (same level as InterMine logo, link to MPI-CBG home page).

I added MPI-CBG logo as we discussed before.

It's done by putting planmi...@googlegroups.com rss feed.

4.     Home page, “Questions? Comments? Click here!” Replace with: “Specific questions? Click here!” [link to planmine e-mail]. Further add: Want to get involved with PlanMine? Join the PlanMine Google Group [  link: Join the PlanMine mailing list!

Surely, we also need this. I've done with it.

5.     Trancript view, feature report Blast hits: Possible to link to actual NCBI entry of BLAST hit?
6.     Trancript view, feature report Domain hits: Possible to link to actual Pfam/PNTR pages? IMPORTANT, because many domain names are non-intuitive…

Regarding 5, 6, you can see the all the external links (right sidebar) when you click Blast or Domain symbols. If you want to have the external links in the Blast/Domain table of Transcaript view. I need to develop some codes which takes 1 day.

7.     Search function: Which “authors” are being searched (e.g., query “yap”)? I think useless at the moment-remove authors from search.

I agree that this information is currently irrelevant. The authors have PubMed publications linked to specific Protein Domain. I disabled it in the search box anyway.

Let me know further requirements.

Cheers,
HongKee