WMO side event confirmed

daleanne bourjaily

Jul 4, 2024, 9:58:23 AMJul 4
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration
Dear all,

The WMO has just confirmed that it is organising a side event on SRM at the UNFCCC in Baku with
Bluecooling.org
The date and time have not yet been announced

The group that published on MCB* in Africa will be asked to present.

Meteo Ghana will make the introductory and closing remarks. There should be a good smattering of attendees who can comment and ask good questions, hopefully your good selves.

* The invited panelists

1African Climate and Development Initiative, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa

2 School of Earth and Ocean Sciences, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada

3 Laboratory of Atmospheric Physics and Fluid Mechanics, University Felix Houphouet-Boigny, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire

4 National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), Boulder, Colorado, USA

5 Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute (KNMI), De Bilt, The Netherlands

6 Climate System Analysis Group (CSAG), Environmental and Geographical Science Department, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa

We ask your help with a strong and easily understood background paper that can be handed to participants and posted online.

Lastly we hope that meteo Ghana will have formulated a call to action which participants can hear.  Suggestions welcome.

Dennis Garrity has stepped up to help with the program. Please let me know who would like to discuss the background paper and call to action with our BCI team.

Best regards,
Dale Anne Bourjaily
President Blue Cooling Initiative