Captivating compelling communication to target audiences

Doug Grandt

Jul 17, 2024, 10:26:02 PM (9 days ago) Jul 17
to Aria McKenna, Brian Von Herzen, Daniel, Herb Simmens, John Nissen, Michael MacCracken, Robbie Tulip, Ron Baiman, Dennis Garrity, Hans van der Loo, Herman Gyr, wouter.v...@inisvitrin.nl, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration
Aria, Brian, Daniel, Herb, John, Mike, Robbie, Ron et al,

A friend who I met ‘shrooming on Jacks Peak in Monterey, California (near Asilomar, Pacific Grove, 2010, Mike*) reminded me of a time when “climate” was much simpler,  optimistic and hopeful 14 years ago.

This captivating, entertaining, educational, comprehensive yet fast moving hour movie produced by PECG (Professional Engineers in California Government) had a clear and engaging message cleverly animated by some pro’s, but who was the intended audience?

In retrospect, I believe it was conceived, written andnd created by pro’s, but sadly “marketed” and distributed by well-meaning but clueless amateur PECG staff.

We need very short captivating videos laser-targeted at specific audiences.

Watch a few minutes (you may get hooked) and you’ll understand.

Best,
Doug

P.S. Watch for Wally Broeker, Ken Caldeira, Klaus Lackner, Mary Nichols … and ME ☺️

* March 2010 at the Asilomar International Conference on Climate Intervention Technologies was when John Shepherd introduced his “napkin diagram

Sent from my iPhone (audio texting)