Walker Lee on Marine Cloud Brightening Global Impact Modeling - Thursday June 27 5:30 PM EDT HPAC Presentation

1 view

Ron Baiman

Jun 24, 2024, 2:00:11 PMJun 24
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, Healthy Climate Alliance

Dear Colleagues,

It is my great pleasure to announce that Dr. Walker Lee of NCAR will be presenting a talk on his work modeling the impacts of global scale MCB at our next HPAC General Meeting this coming Thursday, June 27 at 5:30 PM EDT.

Walker Raymond Lee is a postdoctoral research associate at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado. Walker's research explores the design space of climate intervention: what can climate models tell us about how different climate intervention strategies might affect the Earth system in different ways? From 2018-2023, Walker studied at Cornell University, where he compared simulations of stratospheric aerosol injection at various latitudes, altitudes, and seasons and used feedback control algorithms to determine whether and how different strategies could be used to prevent certain impacts from global warming. After completing his doctorate in 2023, Walker began as a postdoc at NCAR, where he is working to apply the same analysis to simulations of marine cloud brightening interventions.

I hope that you will be able to come to what I think will be a very interesting talk and discussion!

Best,
Ron  Baiman
On behalf of the HPAC SC

Ron Baiman

Jun 27, 2024, 3:12:28 PMJun 27
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, Healthy Climate Alliance
Dear Colleagues,
Reminder:   Today, Thursday, June 27 at 5:30 pm EDT.
Hope you can make it!
Best,
Ron

rob...@rtulip.net

Jun 27, 2024, 10:06:24 PMJun 27
to Ron Baiman, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, Healthy Climate Alliance

The recording can be viewed here https://youtu.be/BscdfZqz2Pk