Conversation: Bjorne Lomborg and Andrew Revkin

Doug Grandt

Nov 18, 2022, 7:48:00 PM11/18/22
to John Nissen, Planetary Restoration, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Peter Fiekowsky, Andrew Revkin
John and All,

Poignant discussion germane to our effort

Lex Fridman Podcast #339

Climate Change Debate: Bjorne Lomborg and Andrew Revkin | Lex Fridman Podcast #339

Bit.ly/Revkin-LomborgChat (November 18)

If you are pressed for time right now, I recommend these four short segments initially as they are immediately germane to our messaging strategy in my opinion:

(49:28)  “Convenient message” mantra
(58:30)   Dengue mosquitoes conundrum
(2:01:00) Reason for focus blaming CO2
(2:06:50) Carbon neutral impact by 2100

10-20 minutes listening to these should pique your desire to take the time to hear more. There are many gems. I’m half-way through the video.

I found Lex’s statement about algorithms instructive for our messaging strategy.

Cheers,
Doug Grandt

Sent from my iPhone (audio texting)

John Nissen

Nov 27, 2022, 10:29:13 AM11/27/22
to Doug Grandt, Planetary Restoration
Hi Doug,

I'm sorry, I didn't find time.  Any follow up?

I'm still busy finishing the AGU paper which has to be put up for poster presentation by 1st December, though it does not have to be complete. I will post latest version (v3) later today.  I try to put in all the scientific arguments for urgent cooling of the Arctic.

Cheers, John