Recording of Peter Eisenberger "The rapid scaling of equitable climate innovations"

1 view

Ron Baiman

Nov 22, 2022, 6:33:18 PM11/22/22
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock
Dear Colleagues,

Recording of Peter Eisenberger's excellent presentation to and subsequent animated question and answer session at the 11/17/2022 HPAC General Meeting:

Please let me know if you're having troubling accessing.

Enjoy!

Best,
Ron
for the HPAC SC

Ron Baiman

Nov 23, 2022, 11:18:16 AM11/23/22
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock
Dear Colleagues,

My  apologies!   My employer restricts access (I keep forgetting).

Best,
Ron

Ron Baiman

Nov 23, 2022, 11:31:42 AM11/23/22
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock

Ye Tao

Nov 24, 2022, 1:15:27 AM11/24/22
to Ron Baiman, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock

Thanks Ron for organizing and recording the talk.

Peter has really good intentions and is obviously committed, and I especially appreciate the equity part.  The segment from 1:05:50 to 1:07:00 is absolutely golden, and should be especially applied to assess carbon-based approaches like DAC.  I would thus like commend everyone at HPAC for contributing to the subsequent discussions that addressed some of the technical issues, especially regarding the energy and kinetics constraints on DAC, and implications for scalability.   I am thus proud to be in an increasingly informed, cohesive, and competent group.  I think this group could emerge as that missing technical coalition Peter proposes for assessing all options on the table.

Two comments: 1) regional scale assessment of surface albedo modification has been done, and proven safe. (video not posted by us) 2) Various flavors of surface albedo modification as they exist within HPAC have been invited, with enthusiasm by citizens and scientists, especially those from and working in the global south, to start implementing at scale at the nexus of food, water, and healthcare security.

Happy thanksgiving!

Ye

Ron Baiman

Nov 29, 2022, 12:49:24 PM11/29/22
to healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock
Dear Colleagues,

As some folks are still having trouble viewing the link above, I have copied to my dropbox (to get around employer security) so this viewing link should work:

Best,
Ron

russ....@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2022, 1:58:51 PM11/29/22
to Ron Baiman, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock

At the heart of the issue of taking care of this blue planet is https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/groups-eu-drop-carbon-removal-climate-plans-94100787

robbi...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2022, 11:56:43 PM11/30/22
to russ....@gmail.com, Ron Baiman, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, 'Eelco Rohling' via NOAC Meetings, Healthy Climate Alliance, geoengineering, Carbon Dioxide Removal, Peter Eisenberger, Nadia Kock

Thanks Russ for the heads up.

The article you linked Groups ask EU to drop carbon removal from climate plans shows the political opposition to any climate action other than emission reduction.

I note the Center for International Environmental Law is listed as a supporter of this opposition to CDR.

Regards, Robert Tulip