Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

John Nissen

olvasatlan,
2023. jan. 22. 16:58:562023. 01. 22.
– Mark Hibbert, Healthy Climate Alliance, Brian von Herzen, Planetary Restoration
Hi Mark,

After everyone else had left, I spoke to Brian for a while.  We are interested in obtaining comparative videos of jet stream behaviour over time, to show the effect of Arctic Amplification.  My own source of inspiration on altered jet stream behaviour was Jennifer Francis, e.g. with her video here [1].

Cheers, John

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 9:04 PM John Nissen <johnnis...@gmail.com> wrote:
Chat from today:

From Me to Everyone 07:12 PM
Have got lost of useful info on tipping points from Tim Lenton. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVuV1wk1WQ

From Dr Brian von Herzen to Everyone 07:24 PM
Observation vs intervention

From Dr Brian von Herzen to Everyone 07:54 PM
MacMartin paper https://www.authorea.com/doi/full/10.1002/essoar.10512047.1

Cheers John

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 6:11 PM Mark Hibbert <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,

Happy New Year!

This will be the usual open session this Saturday, so bring yourselves and the projects you are working on ready to share.
There are 2 items I would like to talk about specifically, these follow on from the last session:
  • What are our intentions for the year
  • Given the unprecedented rise in temperature across Europe this Winter, what can be done about this? Does this suggest that some form of SRM is required and quickly?
As always please invite others so as to expand our community and the conversation about climate restoration.

My intent is that these meeting are held every 2 weeks and are to build connections in our community, get support and ideas for challenges you face and also an opportunity for people to share about the projects they are interested in or at work on, as this provides inspiration for all.

Further guest speakers are being lined up and I will let you know as things are finalised.
BTW if you are willing to be a guest speaker please contact me, dont forget subjects can be wide ranging and can include:
  • creating political liaisons
  • Making funding requests and applications
  • How art can influence human perception and engagement to messages & movements
Hopefully that gave you all something to ponder!

Date 21/01/2023, time 7 to 8pm GMT OR 11 to 12am California time.

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/241622685?pwd=amk3c1FMODBuQzM4emY3L0EvdlBvUT09

Meeting ID: 241 622 685