Warming in the pipeline: Decoding our climate commitment

H simmens

May 29, 2023, 2:53:18 PM5/29/23
to HPAC healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, NOAC

Two first rate climate scientists Zeke Hausfather (who appeared at at our HPAC meeting several months ago) and Andrew Dessler take a shot at explaining the difference between the Hansen and colleagues Warming in the Pipeline paper and earlier papers that concluded that there is little to no warming in the pipeline once the world reaches net zero emissions.

The comments below the post are as interesting as the article itself.

Herb

Herb Simmens
@herbsimmens
Author A Climate Vocabulary of the Future
“A Sciencepoem, an Inspiration, A prophecy, also hilarious. Dive in and see.” Kim Stanley Robinson

Tom Goreau

May 29, 2023, 3:19:12 PM5/29/23
to H simmens, HPAC healthy-planet-action-coalition, Planetary Restoration, NOAC

The key points made by Hansen about climate sensitivity and potential overshoot have been made by many people looking at the empirical paleoclimate record instead of models, including Eelco Rohling and myself. Hansen brings the highest level of support from the modelling side for their conclusions.

Thomas J. F. Goreau, PhD
President, Global Coral Reef Alliance

Chief Scientist, Blue Regeneration SL
President, Biorock Technology Inc.

Technical Advisor, Blue Guardians Programme, SIDS DOCK

37 Pleasant Street, Cambridge, MA 02139

gor...@globalcoral.org
www.globalcoral.org
Skype: tomgoreau
Tel: (1) 617-864-4226 (leave message)

Books:

Geotherapy: Innovative Methods of Soil Fertility Restoration, Carbon Sequestration, and Reversing CO2 Increase

http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466595392

Innovative Methods of Marine Ecosystem Restoration

http://www.crcpress.com/product/isbn/9781466557734

No one can change the past, everybody can change the future

It’s much later than we think, especially if we don’t think

Those with their heads in the sand will see the light when global warming and sea level rise wash the beach away

Geotherapy: Regenerating ecosystem services to reverse climate change