PRAG meeting Monday 9th May, 9 pm UK time

John Nissen

May 6, 2022, 3:59:08 AM5/6/22
to Planetary Restoration, noac-m...@googlegroups.com, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Robert Tulip
Hi everyone,

The next meeting of the Planetary Restoration Action Group will be on Monday (Tuesday early for Australians).  Robert will send us the link.

The agenda is open.  We made a lot of progress at the last meeting, see "Recording of PRAG meeting".  We can build on that.

 But one topic we might discuss is how to approach the Arctic Council, which at present seems to represent countries on exploiting the Arctic, rather than saving it.

Cheers, John

Manna Jo Greene

May 6, 2022, 4:56:51 AM5/6/22
to John Nissen, Planetary Restoration, noac-m...@googlegroups.com, healthy-planet-action-coalition, Robert Tulip
John, Doug and all.  I will be traveling with my family May 6 - 9, and will have to miss this call. I just want to let you know it's not out of lack of Interest. I will look for the recording.

Doug is developing an excellent presentation and I am working here in the Mid-Hudson region of NY to promote public awareness of the global climate emergency and the need to increase our knowledge of climate science and possible solutions.

BTW we just lost our Congressional representative as Antonio Delgado was just appointed Lieutenant Governor.  While it is good to have a close connection in the Governor's office, he will be missed from Congress.

Many thanks,

Manna

rob...@rtulip.net

May 7, 2022, 5:53:51 AM5/7/22
to John Nissen, Planetary Restoration, noac-m...@googlegroups.com, healthy-planet-action-coalition

Here is the link for the Planetary Restoration Action Group meeting

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87270131801?pwd=OFZvMkRVVnRQUUhpUzJBM0kwZnFjUT09

UK 9pm Monday May 9 = California 1pm Monday = Australia AEST 6am Tuesday

Some resources on the Arctic Council and Climate Change

https://www.arctic-council.org/about/

https://www.arctic-council.org/explore/topics/climate/

https://www.arctic-council.org/projects/understanding-climate-change-impacts-on-arctic-ecosystems-and-associated-climate-feedbacks/

To join the PRAG email list go to https://groups.google.com/g/planetary-restoration/members