Michael Mann: “much remains within the world’s control”

Doug Grandt

May 20, 2023, 1:20:35 AM5/20/23
to John Nissen, Planetary Restoration, healthy-planet-action-coalition, noac-m...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Mann’s Facebook post of a USA Today article in which he is quoted three times:

Climate change is bad for everyone. But this is where it's expected to be worst in the US.
Dinah Voyles Pulver  |  USA TODAY

Search ‘Mann’ … Let the irony, obfuscation and subterfuge of his words sink in.

This is my comment:

When the tiny butterfly flaps its wings, “hold on to your horses” as my grandmother would say.

… and this …

“Everyone loses out if others are affected, because we all rely on goods and services from other states and countries,”  said climate scientist Michael Mann, director of the Penn Center for Science, Sustainability and the Media at the University of Pennsylvania. “It’s a domino effect.”

… and in conclusion …

“When considering future scenarios, it’s important to note much remains within the world’s control,” Mann said.

With substantial action to hold warming below 3 degrees Fahrenheit, "we can limit the worsening of extreme weather events," although sea level increases would already be locked in, he said. A lack of action would mean “impacts in the interior of our continent could be every bit as bad.”

Is anybody in PRAG on speaking terms with Dr. Mann?  He blocked me on Twitter, so to keep the lines of communication open on Facebook, I tread lightly, waiting patiently for opportunities to lay groundwork for when “Global warming in the pipeline” is finally peer reviewed and Mann’s “best climate science you’ve never heard of” can be seriously questioned, and the current COP strategy will be discredited.

Cheers,
Doug Grandt

Sent from my iPhone (audio texting)