Save our Glaciers!

Dr. Soumitra Das

May 15, 2022, 11:05:48 PM5/15/22
to Planetary Restoration, Leslie Field, Mark Hibbert, Brian von Herzen
Dear All,

I am pleased to inform you that Healthy Climate Initiative in collaboration with Climate Foundation, Climformatics, Indigenous People's Climate Justice Forum, Bright Ice Initiative, and several other organizations is organizing a global concert to create public awareness and raise funds for two field trials to slow/stop the melting of the glaciers in the Himalayas and Greenland.  The concert will be virtual for 2 hours each day from November 5 to 10 and potentially live on November 11, 2022, at a COP 27 venue in Egypt.  The concert is free.  Attached please find a pamphlet, flyer for the concert,  and a link for a 3-minute video that explains our solution to slow/stop melting Himalayan glaciers -  https://youtu.be/QpA8rUqNvMM (Note: this is an old video for saving the Arctic, but we will use the same technology for the Himalayan and Greenland glaciers).

Primary vehicles for raising the fund are (1) sponsorship (~1 million viewers), (2) corporate/philanthropic donations, and (3) small individual donations. We are partnering with several international organizations and planning to use a marketing firm to reach 1 million viewers.

We need your support to make this event a success. We would appreciate it very much if you could make a contribution to the cause - here is the link: https://donorbox.org/save-our-glaciers-concert for the contribution. Note that your contribution is tax-deductible (US residents).  Also, it would be great if you could help us with getting sponsorship, fundraising, or volunteering for the concert.

For more information or if you are interested in volunteering, please contact:
  1. Dr. Soumitra Das
  2. Dr, Leslie Field
  3. Dr. Brian von Herzen
  4. Mr. Mark Hibbert.
All are cc'ed on this email.

Thank you very much for your support.

Soumitra Das
On Behalf Steering Committee, Save our Glaciers Concert
President, Healthy Climate Initiative (https://healthyclimateinitiative.org/
HCI Logo_reszied.jpeg