Biodiversity Media Grants 2021: Call for Proposals

OFFICIO e Ambiente - Inovar

Oct 7, 2021, 7:06:01 AM10/7/21
to OFFICIO e Ambiente - Inovar
As a part of the Earth Journalism Network’s Biodiversity Media Initiative project, we are pleased to announce a second round of grant opportunities for journalist networks, media organizations, civil society organizations or academic institutions that are working to improve media coverage of biodiversity and conservation issues in countries where information is most under threat and most urgently needed.

The Biodiversity Media Grant Opportunity is designed to support the awareness- or capacity-building around biodiversity and conservation, network building, content production around these issues, or creating digital or other media outlets.

Applicants should note their affiliations with existing media organizations or provide detailed plans about how this project would facilitate the creation of a new network or organization.

As Internews is strictly a media development organization, we will not consider applications rooted in advocacy or political campaigning.

This opportunity is open to journalist networks, media organizations, civil society organizations or academic institutions.

Although we will consider applications by NGOs or environmental groups looking to build the capacity of journalists to cover conservation issues, preference will be given to applications from or affiliated with professional journalists, media organizations, journalism schools and the like.

We are especially interested in projects that focus on conservation in biodiversity-rich regions of the world, such as the Amazon, Central Africa and Southeast Asia.

The average grant size is between USD$10,000 and USD$15,000.

The deadline for applications is midnight October 15, 2021, UTC-11.

Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.

Consider submitting at least one day in advance of the deadline to avoid any issues.

Decisions will be communicated before the end of November, with projects anticipated to start in early 2022.

Informe enviado por cortesia de OFFICIO & Ambiente Ltda. -  http://goo.gl/uzCCSz