plan9port on Raspberry Pi

Deepanjan Kesh

Jun 29, 2022, 8:43:05 PM6/29/22
to plan9port-dev
Hello all,

I am using plan9port on Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB model, which I have recently procured. Upon installation, I am observing that the responsiveness of Acme and 9term are very poor. Moving a window from one column to the other takes a couple of seconds, as does the 'ls' and 'lc' commands in 'win rc' window. All this occurs on a freshly booted Pi with no other programs running. The story is the same when I right click on a small C file to open it, or middle click on its window to close it.

I would like to know if there is anything I can try to make plan9port more usable on Raspberry Pi. I have seen videos of Youtube where Plan9 on Raspberry Pi works absolutely fine, and I am hoping that Acme and 9term on plan9port would behave the same.

Thank you,
Deepanjan Kesh